This is the Message Centre for Ioreth (on hiatus)

Vegetarianism

Post 1

The Cheese

I must ask. I saw that you're a vegetarian in that "my favorite subject, myself" Entry, and I was wondering if

1)Your peers at school know you're a vegetarian
and
2) if yes to no. 1, do they call you a 'hippy' or 'fruit'

I was wonder because I'm a teen vegetarian in a America and I get a lot of bull like the above about it, and I was checking to see if my friends are weird or if society is screwed up.

Vegetarianism

Post 2

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Yes they do know but many of them are also vegetarians. In my school (which is a small private school which probably affects things) a majority of the girls and a few of the guys are veggie.

Vegetarianism

Post 3

Gordon

Most of my friends were "more vegetarian than thou" types, although I think I'm the only one who never took a break from it.

That's just not food.

Hey Lor by the way!

Vegetarianism

Post 4

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Hey Gor... except it's an 'i' at the front of my name. smiley - smiley

I try not to be "holier than thou" about it (although sometimes I'll tell them the story of How Veal is Made) but I know what you mean - it's just not food. I can't watch - or rather I can, but it disagrees with my stomach. Ugh.

Vegetarianism

Post 5

Gordon

I always found that a sardonic amusment that "you actually eat sausages?" was far more effective than any mention of veal. Everybody knows that whatever it is that's in sausages cant be good or they wouldnt need to grind it up. Or food scares, y'know that Chinese restaurant uses rats story. Well unless they can disguise it as carrot I'm pretty safe smiley - winkeye.

Sorry, damn that capital i for looking like l

Vegetarianism

Post 6

Ioreth (on hiatus)

And damn Arial for not being clear.

How can anyone eat it? Meat is just so....

Dead.

Vegetarianism

Post 7

Gordon

My ideal would be to photosythesise. The green skin would be an obvious bonus. smiley - winkeye

Vegetarianism

Post 8

Ioreth (on hiatus)

definitely

*tries to photosynthesize*

*fails miserably*

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ioreth (on hiatus)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more