This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Like it was a whole different work of fiction

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

For the past few months I've been working my way through the Harry Potter audiobooks, read by Stephen Fry. I'm currently a chapter or two from the end of Order of the Phoenix. Dumbledore and Voldemort have just been having a tiff in the Ministry of Magic.

If you thought they mucked about with the story when they made the Lord of the Rings films, it's nothing compared to the Harry Potter films. There are so many things that are so different. So many scenes missing from the films. So many subplots ignored. Characters who simply never appear in the films. I'm finding myself in the same position as someone like the former Mrs Gosho, who saw the LotR films before reading the books.

I'm not sure Stephen Fry was the right man, or woman, for the job. Or perhaps it's the person directing him. Stephen's a little bit... intense. Far too much so at times. It's made listening on the bus to and from work difficult sometimes because I want to shout at him "Fer cryin' out loud Stevey baby, get on with it!", or "Pull yer bloody head in, mate!".

And he can't do a very good French accent. Far too Benny Hill. Nor a plausible Lancashire accent either.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more