This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I couldn't have put it better myself

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/06/and-thensilence.html

I reckon most of you know my feelings regarding comments sections on webpages. It's one of humanity's least useful and most annoying inventions, along with right turn on red, 24 hour rolling news and the cigarette, and given the undisputed track record they have for attracting and encouraging the more unpleasant aspects of human nature and members of the human race who would once have been described as oiks, ticks, cads and bullies, (or bulies if you're Nigel Molesworth) I honestly don't know why they're so prevalent.

It's a pity that it has to happen because an email conversation between two people is never the same as a group discussion, but given that it does I'm glad to see that someone has the front to do something about it and expressed his reasons so lucidly.

Post 2

KB

Indeed. And when the guy maintains a site devoted to thoughtful and articulate correspondence, you can see why it irks all the more, perhaps.

It's an interesting site, too - I've marked it for perusal later, cheers.

Post 3

Baron Grim

There are some amazing letters. I've never actually browsed the site though. I've always followed a recommended link.

Post 4

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Like BG, I've never before browsed the site. I have now. I spent a couple of hours on it. Some excellent stuff.

TRiG.smiley - book

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more