This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I keep falling over

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

This may or may not have something to do with the amount of alcohol I'm ingesting these days. Either way, it's taking a toll smiley - injured

I keep falling over

Post 2

Baron Grim

Quantity or quality? I've woken up with more regrets than usual when I've started an evening off with something like a Duvel.

I keep falling over

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

the subject line has given me an ear-work: I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down. And now I have to dig out my Elvis Costello records!

I keep falling over

Post 4

Ah, there are worse earworms to have than Elvis Costello. Glad to be of service smiley - tongueout

A bit of both, BG. It's been Austin Beer Week since last Saturday so I've been drinking a lot of very good and very interesting beer all week long, and yesterday was a big one - the Draught House 44th anniversary party. The Draught House is pretty much *the* beer place in Austin. Yeah, there's a Ginger Man and a Flying Saucer, and even the country's first co-op brewpub (I think maybe the world's but that seems unlikely), but the Draught House is a notch above all of them, and Josh, the owner, is able to get some especially fine beers.

And there were plenty of those on tap (and cask) yesterday smiley - cheers

Mind you, I didn't simply fall over because I was staggering drunk, I was making my way to the bus stop in a straight line without any weaving from side to side or using lampposts for walking sticks when I tripped up over an uneven pavement (some say say sidewalk) and went sprawling.

Seems to me that City of Austin has deep pockets rich for the picking. I may or may not be consulting a lawyer smiley - winkeye

I keep falling over

Post 5

I am definitely going to need a little drying out period starting tomorrow, though. This afternoon is (512)'s Beer Week party, which I might not be able to get off work in time for, but I hope I can because that's one of the breweries I most want to work for.

Oh, did I mention that I've quit the Drafthouse and I'm working my two weeks notice?

I keep falling over

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

I don't think you mentioned that, Gosho, where are we going to get the lowdown on what's hot and what's not in the movie world?

Good luck with the job hunting.

I keep falling over

Post 7

Thanks Sho. The past five years I've spent ordering beer from the various Austin breweries as they've sprouted thicker than the soup strainer on David Crosby's top lip has given me plenty of good contacts to work on. They all know of my passion for (and knowledge of) beer.

I keep falling over

Post 8

I also seem to have lost my glasses. The ones I wear at home, not the ones I was wearing when I fell over. I must have put them on when I got home because I know I wasn't wearing the spare pair I'm using now. This is a very small apartment so there aren't very many places they might be, but they're not anywhere to be seen smiley - huh

I keep falling over

Post 9

Ha! Found 'em smiley - biggrin Underneath the sofa smiley - huh

I keep falling over

Post 10

Baron Grim

Well, good luck on the job hunt. Are you looking for just a bartending job or bar management?

I keep falling over

Post 11

Neither, I'm done with the restaurant/bar business. I'm looking for a job at a brewery.

I keep falling over

Post 12

Baron Grim

Oh, OK... good luck. smiley - cheers

I keep falling over

Post 13

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So you won't be giving me an excuse to go up and see my ex-stepsister in Portlandsmiley - tongueout

I keep falling over

Post 14

Vip

Well done for handing in your notice and going for it. smiley - cheers

smiley - fairy

I keep falling over

Post 15

Only a week to go after today smiley - biggrin

I might not feel the full euphoria on Tuesday morning because Tuesday and Wednesday are my usual days off, but come Thursday when I don't have to go it'll feel pretty good, and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday because Skyfall opens and it's going to be crazy, and especially the following Monday just because it's Monday, and most definitely in the coming weekends when films like Twilight and the rest of the winter blockbusters are released and I don't have to deal with it smiley - brave

Key: Complain about this post