A Conversation for 1James Thurber - humourist

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A14187882 - James Thurber - humourist

Post 1

Leo

Entry: James Thurber - humourist - A14187882
Author: Leo - wanted: bearded men. Where: F19585?thread=3469314 - U519437

Another part of the New Yorker project. Open for all input.

A14187882 - James Thurber - humourist

Post 2

Leo

Now completely done.

Which is to say, (for the touchy reviewer) that I have put in all the information I know of that I think belongs in there, and that I have corrected all the grammar and punctuation that I beleive needs correcting, and I therefore await further input from other sets of eyes to make it even better, and even more 'done'.

Post 3

Leo

smiley - boing Done again. Overdone, perhaps?

Post 4

echomikeromeo

<>

Smashingly?

<>

Perhaps, in keeping with British style, you should say "university"?

The salt footnotes are a great touch!smiley - biggrin

<>

Could we have a phrase or two of background on her? What she did for a living, where she was from, etc...

I think that's it for this one!

Post 5

Leo

they have college there too. Aurora tried to explain the difference to me, but just confused me more. Possibly they're confused enough themselves that it won't matter. Anyway, if I do change it, it says University two times in once sentence - which is my main objection. I say wait and see in PR. smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Leo

oh yeah, other changes made. Althea was apparently nothing special: just ambitious and pretty, and probably the source of Thurber's overbearing wives.

Key: Complain about this post

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A14187882 - James Thurber - humourist

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more