This is the Message Centre for Ford's Evil Quarter Brother

Is it time for a cigarette yet?

Post 1

Ford's Evil Quarter Brother

I feel like I've been looking at lines on paper and lines on my computer screen all day. I need a bit of a break. I think I shall go take a few more minutes off of my life. I'll be back in a few minutes...

Post 2

Ok, I'm back.

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hello. Thank you for introducing yourself, on my page. You can borrow my ear any time! smiley - smiley
Cigarettes are evil weeds. Is that why you smoke them?Or are you addicted to the nicotene? I only ask because I smoked for 21 years, then gave up. 6 years ago, last New Year's Eve. Not cut down, just stopped. I did it with no help either, no patches, hypnotism or pins sticking in my earlobes smiley - sadface Sheer will-power 'cos I WANTED to give up. That's the trick! I got to hating my "habit" and was so glad when I kicked it......I feel much better now, even though I did gain weight, I needed to! I went from a size 10 {UK} to a 14, now I'm back to a size 12. I also had to completely change my lifestyle, until I was past the withdrawal stage. Stopped seeing friends who smoked {they are BAD, they can't stand smokers who give up, 'cos they're really jealous!} Stopped going to pubs. Couldn't drink tea {always had a fag with one} etc. It's all about changing your routine to expel the cigs from your life. You will adapt. I did. With cigs now £4 a pack, I now have money to spend on other things, like doing up my garden. My house smells better, and my clothes, hair.....and I know I'm nice to kiss! But I can't kiss smokers. Think of all those potential partners you are missing out on! Oh well, I'll get off my soapbox now, I don't even know if you WANT to stop, but if you do, I'll help you all I can.
smiley - smileysmiley - fish Eat Grimsby Fish! Preferably in Cleethorpes!

Post 4

Thank you for your kind advice. I will be quitting soon, but not today. I'm getting over other unpleasant things right now. But smoking is next on my list. The tough part is that my fiancee smokes as well. This presents a problem, namely the kissing department. I can stop now, but she probably won't. So I'm stuck with the choice of kissing a smoker (which is, I must admit, rather disgusting), or finding someone else to kiss, which could lead to relationship difficulties.

Please forgive me, but I have never heard of Grimsby Fish. Could you fill me in?

Post 5

Sheepish Lord Of Chaos

I get really annoyed when people walk past me and breathe their smoke over, I feel it's almost deliberate! At school they always have these posters, one says "kiss a non-smoker, taste the difference"

Post 6

I do apologize for the rude, unthinking heathens that do that.

Post 7

Grimsby fish is absolutely the best you will ever taste.
But you have to come to Cleethorpes to eat it. smiley - smiley
It's haddock. And it's fresh. smiley - fish Fried in batter, with chips. Yum!
Ah, relationships. Don't get me started on THAT one.....
Yes, I agree. Don't even attempt to give up smoking while your fiancee smokes. It will irritate the Hell out of you {and your eyes}.
Can you try & persuade her, to try and give it up together?
Explain that you could afford a really fantastic honeymoon, if you BOTH put your "fag" money in a special savings account? You'd see it mounting up after only a few days, sort of like a reward for being good. That would influence me, anyway. An Egyptian cruise, as opposed to a week in Blackpool {or Cleethorpes}.....
And don't forget, SHE will want to give up anyway, when she is pregnant {IF you're planning a family} I hope so, anyway.

Post 8

That seems like it would be a long way for me to go just to eat fish & chips, as I live in Michigan, USA. But maybe for the honeymoon...

Actually, we both tried just a few weeks ago. She cheated and went over to her sister's store and smoked. And I wound up cheating after a rather stressful experience involving counselors and their willingness to trap me in and take all the money I was saving by not buying beer.

The amount of money saved wouldn't grow very fast. We currently only smoke a pack a day between us. So that's $3.50 x 7, or $24.50/wk. Although multiplying that by 52 is $1274. Okay, you talked me into it.

Will you be on hand for the tantrums that this is likely to produce?

Post 9

Absolutely.
Aha, in America, you have Councellors who you pay big bucks to, in GB we have best friends. Much cheaper. Although, since I started posting & getting lost in here, I haven't seen quite so much of ANY of my friends. I feel like I have made a lot of new ones though.
Boy, your fags are cheap. Over here, they're almost £4 a packet.
When I was in Kuwait in 1996, I brought back a box of 200, which cost me £1.50. {For my daughter I hasten to add}. OK so you won't save much. Think of your health instead. And the health of your unborn children! If your fiancee cheated, she wasn't committed enough. Keep on at her, but don't become a nag....a fine line. If you find out how to do that, let me know & I'll pass on the wisdom to the other Saints {probably GOD too} hehehehe. smiley - winkeye

Post 10

Even worse than just a counselor, it was group therapy. A group of people with the same problems trying to discuss emotions and feelings. This is not my cup of tea. I only did it because the courts told me to. Bloody self-righteous b******s!

Actually, we just bought our last pack today. I told her the one we finished off yesterday was it, but she said she needs to psyche herself up. She did offer to start chipping in for the savings account. Her reasoning is that when she gets a job, she'll be buying a pack a day too. So there's something good going for quitting.

Post 11

Group therapy??? Duhhhhhh.......{thud!}
Sorry....oh, dear. smiley - sadface
You have my sympathies. {Virtual hug}.
er....is that like what Billy is doing in the current series of Ally McBeal???

Post 12

Please forgive my ignorance of Ally McBeal. It is one of the shows that I do not watch regularly (if at all). My Monday nights are filled with American football. Or, during the off-season, anything else I happen to find on the telly.

Thank you for the sympathy and hug, but I am better now. Or, to put it better, I'm out of group therapy now. And not a moment to soon, I must add. That group was starting to take a turn towards something that I didn't believe in, until I got here and actually found GOD. And He's busy running around to parties. Kinda puts a different perspective on those AA meetings I had to go through.

Post 13

You found GOD on here? lol
I have been chatting with Him! Even helping Him out! heheheee
He has only been putting in brief appearances at parties!.....he is actually taking a retirement home at a Village I will post you the url at the end of this, if you're interested!

Post 14

http://www.h2g2.com/A410059

Post 15

I was acknowledged by Him at a party I was at. Or am at. This can be confusing at times. I've never had the ability to be at a party there, have a conversation here, and visit retirement home over yon all at once before. Do you happen to know the average period of adjustment?

Post 16

I am still in it smiley - winkeye
hehehehe
Long live h2g2 smiley - tongueout

Post 17

Next question... How do you make the emoticons?

Actually, I should be reading the guide to the guide, but I am just being lazy.

Post 18

I am your Guardian Angel - that's what I am here for......
smiley : then - then ) = smiley - smiley
wink ; then - then ) = smiley - winkeye
glasses 8 then - then ) = smiley - bigeyes
fish > then <> = smiley - fish
tongue : then - then P = smiley - tongueout

If I have forgotten any, I'll fly back! smiley - smileysmiley - fish

Post 19

DOH! I always forget one.....

sad face : then - then ( = smiley - sadface

Post 20

Wow, am I ever lucky!!! I have two guardian angels!

Thank you.

Test run... please ignore
smiley - sadface
smiley - smiley
smiley - winkeye
smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post