This is the Message Centre for Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Walking,walking,walking.

Post 1

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Seems to be what I do most these days..but at least I have a beautiful area to walk..the view across the Solent is always changing.

We get some wonderful cloudy skies and the sea is always different everyday. There's always gaily coloured yachts and fishing boats,dredgers and container transporters. Get down to the promenade at the right time and you can see the coming and goings of the cruise ships out of Southampton. Currently we have the SS Trueman anchored out in the Solent because she's too huge to enter Portsmouth Harbour..and that's really big.

It's a very good way to destress..even when it's blowing a gale and the rain is horizontal. There's also the added benefit of meeting dog owners and their lovely,friendly,mischievous and wacky four footed friends..And I do love seeing the local cormorant sitting on the warning signs on the stone groynes.Sometimes he can be seen diving for fish.

The only detraction are the cyclists who will persist even though they have their own cycleways provided and are banned from the promenade. Mind I've also had to leap out of the way of the local Hell's chapter mobility scooter gang from time to time. smiley - laugh

It's been a good way to exercise so I could go from 21 stone down to 14 stone. It's helped me to deal with all the recent family health issues. It's a terrific stress reliever.

smiley - tea

Walking,walking,walking.

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow that's an impressive loss of weight! smiley - applause I don't seem to be dropping much more weight, but I think that is due to all the weight lifting most probably now smiley - puffsmiley - hug

Walking,walking,walking.

Post 3

Teasswill

A double benefit then!
Just getting outdoors can be a great mood lifter. I find gardening good, putting mind in neutral & getting stuck into some physical work. Mind you, I find doing jigsaws while listening to music equally soothing, but alas not such good exercise....
Hope all the health problems going OK.

Walking,walking,walking.

Post 4

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

2legs that's the point of weight lifting surely? To gain healthy muscle weight..smiley - winkeye

Walking,walking,walking.

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Exactly! - It just takes a bit of a .... mindset adjustment; having somewhat obsessed for a while, over seeing the numbers fall on the scale, that suddenly no longer becomes such a useful measure.... - whereas, of course, watching my wardrobe change, as stuf once too tight, suddenly gets worn again.... - and now gets taken to the charity shop as its several sizes too big smiley - diva - now down to a size 12 or smaller from the waist down (was a 24 or higher), - less size drops on my 'top half', but I think the muscle bulk across the chest and back/shoulders might just be affecting that smiley - laugh - actually feels rather odd, at times; just moving, as my body is now such a totally different shape, overall, to how its ever been smiley - weirdsmiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more