A Conversation for The Moon Under Water, Charing Cross Road, London, UK

weatherspoons

Post 1

wide_inside

Weatherspoons always feel a bit wierd though. It's the no background music thing.
You know that bit in the film where the guy dressed in unusual/futuristic clothing walks into the wild west bar, and as the salloon doors swing shut behind him a wisened old man playing the piano spots him, and slowly tinkles his tune to a stop, cueing the entire clientel to go silent, turn and stare?
Well, that bit between the piano stopping, and the crowd falling silent and staring at you. Weatherspoons pubs are like that. All the time.

They freak me out.

wide

weatherspoons

Post 2

Demonica

I really like Wetherspoons pubs with no music. I mean, I really love music, but I like these pubs too. I think it's because I don't see most of my friends very often - they've all gone off to university in various places in the country. So whenever we meet, we have a lot to catch up on. It's nice to go somewhere we can actually talk.

weatherspoons

Post 3

Number Six

It's good to have them... it just worries me that they might become the *only* thing in some places...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more