This is the Message Centre for Nineto Okami

It’s not sleep that I need…

Post 1

Nineto Okami

Though it might seem triv ial to say, I now recognize there is so much more to life than ‘just getting by’. More than money, food, cars and sleep. There is day and night to live in.
I’m awake after not a 7 hour nap, but rather 17 years…

Post 2

Luvved-up

Everything you need you have...... everything you want is an illusion.
everthing that has gone wrong in the past is merely a memory.

Money, cars, gadgets of every kind are mere distractions and ultimately fail to satisfy.
For many years I have longed for certain things and have been unable to get them.... now as I get older and "life" gets a little easier, I have aquired most of what I wanted... and have discovered that it makes no differene to your happiness.

I am happiest when I am living in the present and focused. Ambition and memories only serve to provide unease.

LU

Post 3

Nineto Okami

Yet still...what can come of life without memories, without ambition, without the uneasiness of your past? Being focused on the present is a worthy purpose, but to truly be happy (or at least in my modest opinion) one must remember the past and retain the memory of the mistakes. For in this is knowledge; to forget is imprudent cowardice; to deny the occurrence is dangerous. But the ability to learn from pain and discontentment is a quality that should not only be considered admirable, but also be applauded for the sheer strength and courage (a task not so easily accomplished).
I do not regret what I might have longed for; what it did was allow me to see the next story above where I stood. These longings (and belongings) were positioned in a shallow recess in the ground serving as a basement. A base to what would become an ever-growing building that tapers towards the unseen top. A structure with a strong base that needs less and less material to keep it growing on towards the perfection that is infinite.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Nineto Okami

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more