This is the Message Centre for Spike D

Your second unofficial welcome

Post 1

Baldrick

Hello Spike and wlcome to h2g2. I see you've already got the newbies link, so I'd like to take the pleasure of directing you to Dr E Vibenstein's Big Probe, and voting for ME in the presidential elections. Just go to my page by clicking my name, where you can find my election manifesto (Guide Entries - If you're looking for my homepage........) and to get to the Big Probe go Further ice-cream (you may have to select Older Forum Postings), then click Dr E's name, there's a link on his page. Thanks for voting for ME!

Post 2

nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

Don't vote for him, he does practical jokes with your drinks.

Otherwise, have fun!!!

nim

Post 3

Demon Drawer

Settle in, find you feet, have fun. As one of the Assistant Community Editors (ACEs) may I welcome you aboard by bringing you this marvellous anf friendy house plant. It promises not to eat you. If you have any queries about the guide feel free to ask or post them at the ACEs homepage http://www.h2g2.com/A214796 also pop on over to the newcomers forum at http://www.h2g2.com/F617?thread=65179 where I'm sure someone will get you a nice cup of tea. :-) DD :-)

Post 4

Baldrick

Nim, I only do practical jokes with YOUR drinks. That and I was bored at the time.

smiley - smiley

Post 5

nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

That was one joke too many!

Spike,
vote for Demon Drawer!
He is nice, and he doesn't promote himself although he is a candidate!

Post 6

Spike D

Ha! Fair enough. Maybe I'll vote later. Or maybe not, it depends on your commitment to the job...

Post 7

Bluebottle

Baldrick - I think you should let the newbie settle in before broadcasting electoral propaganda at them. The election is, afterall, only 0.0000001% of h2g2 life, so don't take it too seriously.

Hello, and welcome to the guide. smiley - smiley

Post 8

Spike D

Thanks for all the welcomes, they're much apprecated. And I hope you all have a nice day.

Post 9

Bluebottle

Thanks Spike - I hope you're finding h2g2 enjoyable so far?
Don't let anyone force you into taking it seriously, it's all one big laugh. smiley - smiley

Post 10

Spike D

It sure is! smiley - smiley Yeah, I'm enjoying myself so far. Coming soon: My entry about the little city of Bath! (My home.)

Post 11

Demon Drawer

LOL smiley - smiley

ROFL smiley - smiley

Indeed. hehehehehe. smiley - smiley

Post 12

Spike D

Yessssssss..... ! smiley - smiley

Post 13

Bluebottle

Well, when it's done, give us all a link from here so we can read about it. If it is in any way vaguely historical, if you go to the H2G2 Historical Society at:
http://www.h2g2.com/A240058
and tell them where it is in a forum there, then they'll link to it from there. The best way to enjoy h2g2, I think, is to go everywhere and be a part of everything - then it gets addictive - doesn't it, DD?

Post 14

Spike D

Okay, I'll do that when I get the piece done. This sure beats anything I ever had to work on at college, there were way too many dead-lines back then! smiley - tongueout

Post 15

Spike D

Okay, I'll do that when I get the piece done. This sure beats anything I ever had to work on at college, there were way too many dead-lines back then! smiley - tongueout

Post 16

Spike D

Ooops, I clicked the button twice back there...

Post 17

Bluebottle

Don't worry - we've all lost count of the number of times we've done that - it's called an "Echo-post", BTW smiley - winkeye

So, how did you find H2G2?
*Being nosey*

Post 18

Spike D

Pure luck. (That and the address was in a magazine!) Plus, I'm a pretty big fan of most of THHGTTG, so I wanted to make a contribution.

Post 19

Lintilla

Welcome to H2G2 spike!
*Carries in a large tray of homemade chocolate chip cookies*
Here I brought these as a gift.
Hey nice house plant!
You can't even vote for awhile so no need to force the election issue!
smiley - smiley

Post 20

Bluebottle

Well, I think it's lucky for you and lucky for us - always nice to have new people with us - and new people who stick around to reply.
By the way, you interested in knowing where most of us obsessive researchers hang around on the guide?
Why not come along and join in. There's the Beach at:
http://www.h2g2.com/A208676
(look for the doughnut stall - but don't try to read it all!)
and the pub:
http://www.h2g2.com/A187508
Look for the conversation called smiley - ale 36 - I'll have a drink waiting for you smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post