A Conversation for 1Wolcott Gibbs - Surgeon with Words

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A13758096 - Wolcott Gibbs - Surgeon with Words

Post 1

Leo

Entry: Wolcott Gibbs - Surgeon with Words - A13758096
Author: Leo - "And Lo! The frowny one smileth." - U519437

Incubating here for some time while I reread and finalise this project. Feel free to comment.

A13758096 - Wolcott Gibbs - Surgeon with Words

Post 2

echomikeromeo

Hi Leo! Just a couple things:

<>

Oh, *the* Oliver Wolcott, silly me... could you rephrase this in less definite terms (something like "Oliver Wolcott, a delegate to the Continental Congress who signed the Declaration of Independence")?

Do we know why he was expelled? I love scandal.

It's customary for four-letter words not allowed by the profanity filter to use the first letter followed by an m-dash, like "F&mdash;".

Other than that, looks great! I'm looking forward to editing the project!

Post 3

Leo

The only person who intimated why he might have been expelled was a Brendan Gill, whose facts are not usually in order, but he said it had something to do with stealing a wreath out of a cemetary. smiley - erm

Another source hinted that he was kicked out of several schools, but failed to explain why. If I ever do a Ph.d, maybe I'll tackle Gibbs. But until then, his life is shrowded in mystery.

Post 4

Leo

Where are those special characters listed?

Post 5

Leo

Nevermind, found 'em.

Key: Complain about this post

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A13758096 - Wolcott Gibbs - Surgeon with Words

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more