A Conversation for The Sub-editors' Home Page

left message on the h2g2 editors 3 days back

Post 1

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

i left a question on the h2g2 editors, but as it looks sort of missing, i thought ide better come here and let someone know, its on the h2g2 editors, i arnt writing it all out again,smiley - peacedove jimcracker

Post 2

AlexAshman

F75027?thread=4288525

The answer is that you can use the original (unedited - A23536712) version of the Entry, provided you have the permission of any other authors involved in writing it, but the BBC will obviously retain the rights to reproduce it too as you've posted it on their website.

The Recommended version, which is a separate copy of the Entry which goes into the Edited Guide (if picked, A23536712 will be copied and then left alone, and you'll still be able to edit it etc), is strictly copyright of the BBC, all rights reserved etc.

Simpler version:

The unedited version (A23536712) can be reproduced to no end by both the BBC and yourself.
The Recommended/Edited version (when it is produced) can only be reproduced by the BBC.

Hope this makes sense.

Alex smiley - smiley

Post 3

hi
-
so as i said, as the guide is guide ml. to copy to email its just the plain text as it was, and the links to anything are non existant.( ive copied it to the email on my blueyonder,)so i know the headers dont work on copy.
-
so i will see now what local sites, ei the stockdill might what the (story) and the pics ive taken for each section.
-
i woundnt have even consided using other than what ive written, its been altered by rev nick to get it to the edited, but he as no objection, and if he wants i will mention him, by name on the local website. thanks,i didnt want to run foul of the h2g2 smiley - peacedove jim

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Are you aware that the Eds work regular office hours and have weekends off, Jimcracker? And that they have plenty of other site-related things on their plate and might not get around to dealing with everything immediately? So if you posted a question on Thursday or Friday you probably won't get a response from them until after the weekend, and maybe not until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Post 5

i was slightly confused, thats why i didnt bookmark or send to sub till this morning, the page being the h2g2 editors, being in moderation, seems a bit weird to say the least, how did your own page do kaput, lol jim

Key: Complain about this post