This is the Message Centre for HVS

A tough job for a vegetarian

Post 1

Gedge :-)

I see that Christine Gwyther has finally got the push under pressure from the Welsh farmers for daring to be a Vegetarian agriculutre secretary. Altough her job must have been tough on her, the farmers never really gave her a chance, all they wanted was somebody to endorse their meat trade.

Post 2

Lord High Wombat of Glee

Forsooth and verily I may say that I myself find full agreement with the premise expressed as does my esteemed colleague technoyokel.
Noone says that to be the person for health you have to be a doctor.
Why do you have to be an unevolved carnivore to represent Welsh agriculture?

BTW we build dry stone walls for farmers to keep sheep and cows in in Wales but we are Vegetarians / have vegan tendancies.

Post 3

HVS

I just saw this on newsnight, and hopefully will write a bit about it for the HVS journal/'news column' tomorrow. Any contributions always welcome.smiley - smiley

~A~

Post 4

HVS

You did more than your share of work today Pegasus, so I did it for you. See the link (under News) to the Beeb's article about it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Gedge. It is disappointing but at least it gives us something to link to!

-Z

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more