This is the Message Centre for HVS

What made you become a Vegetarian / Vegan?

Post 1

highlander2371

It is sometimes hard for someone When they become a Vegetarian / Vegan to understand if they are different from other like minded people. Do others feel like they do? Are they normal? Am I alone with my reasons of becoming a Vegetarian / Vegan?

I became a Vegetarian on the 19th September 1990 after a car crash on the M6 near Birmingham. I was a passenger In a Ford Cortina, My friend was driving. It was 03:26 pm, a clear dry day. When our car was hit on the offside this took us off the road and down a bank. The car rolled and ended on it's roof. I managed to pull myself free and tried to free my friend, He was pined by the steering wheel with a broken right leg.
Then my life changed forever. The fuel leaking from the engine ignited. The car went up. I shall leave that part of the story now except to say my friend did not survive. After being released from hospital I went to work. (I thought this would take my mind off what had happened). I was asked by my boss to pop to the cook house to collect coffee for the office. While there I got a whiff of the cooking Pork threw up,and started shaking. I remember asking if I could have a Vegetarian meal that evening. The smell of Pork reminded me of my friend burning, I have never looked, back not once.

Becoming a Vegetarian was my way of dealing with that situation, I still feel sick with Pork and Bacon but I can detach myself if someone is eating it beside me.

I found out that the car that hit us was driven by someone who was four times over the drink drive limit. I have never drank preferring to remain teetotal. That's my story.

Post 2

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Bloody hell smiley - cuddle

Post 3

highlander2371

Thankssmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more