This is the Message Centre for HVS

archangel roast

Post 1

georgex

does anyone know what an archangel roast is, and now to make it? i've been told it'd be a good xmas dinner..thanks

archangel roast

Post 2

zendevil

smiley - angelsmiley - chefsmiley - huhsmiley - yuk

Sounds cruel to me. Does one use cherubim or seraphim?

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

archangel roast

Post 3

A.Dent ....in time

Saint Nicola Roast..I quess yo mean.

Recipe of Saint Nicola is the one used on the eve of the day of Saint Nicola, the 5th of December. It is called the "lean recipe or archangel roast " but now often served with roast pig lamb or duck

4 spoons of spelt chess
1 onion
1 celery
olive oil
peeled tomatoes or tomatoes sauces
a bit of salt
2 potatoes cut in small cubes

Mince onions and celery and fry them in a pan with a bit of olive oil and some peeled tomatoes. Add water and when it starts to boil . add the spelt chess and potatoes. Cook for 1 hour, mixing often.

or i may be rong...

archangel roast

Post 4

Candi - now 42!

smiley - huh

'Scuse me, but what on smiley - earth is spelt chess?

I know spelt is an early form of wheat, but don't understand the chess bit?!

archangel roast

Post 5

georgex

ok, so i was told it'd be good. can anyone suggest anything else. the st nicola recipe doesn't sound like the one i was after. and no, i don't know what spelt chess is!!

archangel roast

Post 6

Candi - now 42!

There are lots of tempting looking recipes here:

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/holiday/

Hope you find something appropriate. smiley - smiley

archangel roast

Post 7

zendevil

Hi Candi Nook,

Hey, what a great website! thanks. It seems they are looking for translators, I may know someone who could help doing English to French. He is by no means a vegetarian, but since he has lived with me for some time & I definitely am, he is sympathetic to the cause.

--Yet another great link via hootoo! I have been looking for ages to try & find statistics on vegetarians in France --surely I can't be the ONLY one?

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more