hey, i want to join too!!!

Post 1

christy

just wanted to know how to join up!

Post 2

Anushodhak

Hi Christy,

I posted my request to join 6 days ago but till date no responce. smiley - huh may be they are on holidaysmiley - smiley
smiley - cheers

Post 3

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Sorry guys, I've been sooooo lazy over here of late! Can you ever forgive me? smiley - grovel

I promise to get you all joined up and stuff later on, when I have a bit more time - life is a bit hectic at the moment!

Post 4

christy

hello tracey,
thanx for getting back to me at least! smiley - biggrin i know what it's like to be in hectic times! don't worry, i just wanted to meet some fellow animal lovers and swap insights, but i have plenty of time to do so!
smiley - zen christy

Post 5

christy

hi Anushodhak,
i checked out your website. i have a three year old nephew. he and my sister live with my mom (which is where i am for at least 3 months out of the year) and he is awesome! it's probably a bit different than having my own kid though (i wish he would look at me the way he looks at her sometimes--i'll have to wait to have my own kids for that though). so, i wondered if you were going to raise you child vegetarian and if your husband is also a veggie. the reason i ask is that i want to find a veg. man, but there are some slim pickings out there! and i want to raise my kids in an animal friendly environment, but my family says i won't be able to give my child the proper nutrition, though i wouldn't say that my nephew has a nutritious diet! oh well, just wanted to say hi and then i went all rambly and such, well, "HI" smiley - biggrin thanx for the welcome!!!!!
christy

Post 6

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I added some people, but then I lost track as someone came in and I had to save before I realised I then had no idea who I'd done!

But as per the note I've put on the page, could you re-register your interest in the signup thread I created in June? Much appreciated! smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Anushodhak

Hi Christy,
Thanks for visiting my space! Nice to know about your nephew. Yes it is different to love and admire kids when they are not yours! My son is adorable darling to me but at the same time he is driving me crazy these dayssmiley - headhurts ( so the delay in replying!smiley - sorry) I wait for my DH to return from work so that I can relax a bit. It is like shift change for me, the moment DH comes home I hand him over the charge of this naughty, beautiful terrorist smiley - biggrin I know it sounds selfish as DH works whole day and he needs to relax too, but fortunately he is in love with his son!
My reason for being vegetarian is religious primarily but we chose to be vegi for the same reason as yours! (some of my cousins don't mind eating meat and its okey with others in the family as for as they don't bring meat inside the house.)Yes our child will be raised vegetarian, non-smoker, teetotaller like us! As for as nutrition is concerned, we take balanced diet which consists of lots of vegetables, fruits, dairy products like milk, curd/ yogurt, paneer/ cheese, butter/ ghee, rice, nuts, potatoes, pulses, wheat/ maze/ corn flour etc. I think all these things are nutritious smiley - smiley
Here is Robert Blackwill (farmer US Ambassador to India) said in his parting speech
"Fabulous cuisines. India is unquestionably the only country in the world where this Kansas lad raised on beefsteaks could happily be a vegetarian. But please don't tell my relatives back on the mid-West farms."
I believe food problem of the world can be solved if everyone becomes vegetarian! smiley - smiley
How nerdy of me smiley - laugh I can go on and on.......
oh you are always welcome to my space smiley - ok
Anushodhak

Post 8

Anushodhak

Hi Tracy,
Will leave the request shortly smiley - smiley

Post 9

christy

i know what you mean, i find any excuse to talk about it. every conversation can be turned into a vegi related discussion! i'm really quite bad about it. smiley - smiley and i know that the world would be a much better place if people stopped being so ignorant and uncaring! ha, it would be nice to think that the whole world might one day become vegetarian, and then there may be a new group on the rise... the meat eaters. that would be an interesting turn of events. smiley - laugh ah, you too are welcome at my page anytime, though there isn't much there!
smiley - zenchristy

Post 10

Anushodhak

I have been to your place! nice spacesmiley - ok I have added you to my friends list (hope you don't mind)smiley - smiley
smiley - cheers

Post 11

christy

wow, thanx! i shall add you to mine as well (of course i don't mind!!! smiley - biggrin) i believe you'd be the first! i'm glad you liked my space!
smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HVS

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more