A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Bug Reports

Stuck with two user pages.

Post 1

Tom A Slick

Through some sort of strange error (my fault initially), I've ended up with two researcher ID's, and cannot access the original page as my user page. My original researcher page was FnGnA, and my more recent page was Tom Slick. I recently remembered the password to the original page, and changed the e-mail address.

The problem? Both pages now have the same e-mail address, and when I log in to the "older" one, I am sent to the "newer" one.

Help!!

Post 2

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Have you tried the following:

Log in to the newer page. Go to preferences and change the email address (to anything, or get a free email account at hotmail or something and change it to that). Log out.

Then log in to the old page which should now be the only one with your current email address.

Post 3

Tom A Slick

Now the older page is lost to me (I can still read it, but I cannot log in as that researcher)

Post 4

Are you sure of the email address that FnGnA is registered under?

Try this. If you go to power search, (click on search without entering anything), and go to the bottom of the page (search for a friend), you can type in an email address and it will give you the home page registered under that email address.

You may find that FnGnA isn't registered under your current email address.

I don't believe you can have two user pages with the same email address, so my guess is that FnGnA is still listed under the old email address (possibly because of that the 'change' of email address you orignally tried didn't take). Try typing that one in the search and see if it comes up.

Post 5

BTW, Don't worry, Tom/FnGnA, we'll get it sorted out. If this doesn't turn up anything, we can always round up one of the italics (The Powers That Work Very Hard) to manually fix you up. smiley - smiley

Post 6

Tom A Slick

Okay, I searched for the email addressed I have used, and others that might be registered. Here's what I found. I searched for the e-mail address I'm using now, and got Tom Slick's page. I searched for the e-mail address that was on BOTH researchers when this problem started, and I got NO RESULTS. No, it didn't TELL me no results, it just SHOWED no result. This is DIFFERENT from entering an e-mail address that didn't exist, which TELLS you no results. I also searched from other e-mail addresses (the one that FnGnA was originally registered under) and it ALSO came back with simply NO results.

I just want my FnGnA (102390) page back! smiley - sadface
Tom Slick (112043) can be nuked, darn it!

Post 7

FnGnA,
As I am just a fellow researcher trying to come up with ideas, that's about the extent of my knowledge and suggestions.

One of the Powers That Work Very Hard should be by shortly (Monday morning is fast approaching). They can handle this sort of thing very easily (reset your email address or something).

Sorry I couldn't help any more than that. Don't worry, you'll get FnGnA back!

Post 8

Tom A Slick

Well, I'm still unable to log on under my previous researcher ID, and now there seems to be no record of any email address they might have used. I can't say what happened, but I really would like to be able to log in again.

Post 9

Abi

Tom - if you drop me an email with details of which User number you want with which email address, I will attempt to sort it out for you.

Post 10

Tom A Slick

And how would I send you e-mail?

Post 11

Abi

sorry [email protected]

Key: Complain about this post