A Conversation for Editorial Feedback

Amending a guide entry written by someone else

Post 1

dr78

I've found an entry that could do with some updating and correction; it's a little inaccurate and out of date. Having looked around for some guidance on how to achieve this I'm stumped. I thought I'd try a post here and hope that someone might advise. Many thanks.

Post 2

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Hi, not sure if anyone's around to answer your query.

In the meantime could you please post the A number (A1234567) of the entry in question. smiley - cheers

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi dr78.

If it is an Edited Entry, then just tell us the name of it or better still its reference number, and what's wrong with it, and we'll attempt to fix it.

If is an Unedited Entry, then it belongs to the author and nobody else can change it.

Post 4

dr78

Thanks Emmily

It's A3970442.

D

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

hi dr78

Gnomon and other curators of the site can amend any factual inaccuracy of an Edited Entry.

Please let us know which bits you think need updating?

Lanzababy smiley - ok

Post 6

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Your welcome D smiley - smiley

I just didn't want you to think your post was being ignored, and knew the A number would be very useful to Curators such as Gnomon. Though when I read your Personal space, and your interests, I did a search, and I guessed '8 Derngate, A Rennie Mackintosh House' would be the Entry in question, it's not often that I'm right about many things. smiley - winkeye

If you'd like to post here what you think needs changing in that Entry Gnomon, or one of the other Curators will look into it for you. smiley - ok

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 7

dr78

OK - I'll post the updated text in a few days. Thanks for the advice all.
D smiley - smiley

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi Dr78

Are you thinking more in terms of a complete re-write? If so I would take a look at this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/RF21

It explains the system a little more. Basically there are two routes
smiley - mod amendments which the curators can do, given the basic facts that need correcting/updating

and

smiley - modre-writes, which need to go through Peer Review.

Either way, h2g2 loves new members who are full of proper information and will give you helpful advice and help so that the Guide is kept up to date.

ps nice to have you onboard!

Lanzababy smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post