A Conversation for Technical Feedback

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 1

shagbark

I notice that the Personal space does not include a picture of the rersearcher. Is this something that was deleted in the process of getting the bugs out. It was one of the few things I liked about barleque and I miss it.

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

I think the personal picture was part of BBC ID, which we didn't get with h2g2.

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 3

shagbark

well, that would explain it.smiley - doh
I am still trying to get the hang of the subscriptions.
as a community artist I should be subscribed to their page, but all it says is they are subscribed to me.

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

You could just add us to your friends in one of the old skins for now. smiley - smiley

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 5

Pastey

Don't forget that subscriptions and friends are two separate things. We did figure it out when we rebuilt and tested it, but I've honestly forgotten it smiley - smiley

The user avatars were removed simply because of time. Our user system doesn't cater for them, and just removing that part of the code for now was quicker and easier. They are on the list of features to come back though.

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

The subscription button is so we are able to see any Guide Entries being prepared by researchers. Usually those whose work we enjoyed.

We were given the option of blocking the facility under the BBC smiley - ok

lil xx

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 7

Pastey

Cheers Lil!

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

It's just: my subscriptions ahve all vanished. At first it was only in Pliny, I thought, but they're gone in brunel, too. Fortunately I saved them as a document when barlesque was launched and they were gone there but still available in brunel. At least my bookmarks have reappeared. smiley - smiley

Personal Space on Pliny

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

Bel, I think something odd was done to your account. It's one of the ones that gives an error when the editor tool tries to look at it. Did you log into Pliny while it was still in testing mode? (I don't mean just use it, I mean actually click on the Log In button and then log in).

Key: Complain about this post