A Conversation for Technical Feedback

Old hand returning to find the door locked.....

Post 1

Scarlett_

Hi
I used to contributse under the name of Scarlett (Researcher 111725)
and not having been in recently I was surprised when I found that the URL for h2g2 went to the BBC. But worse than that I cannot seem to get back in as the email address used is no longer availible to me ( a nameless company charged me $14 and then said by the way there is now no email with this) I really would like to get back on as my old researcher number. is there any thing that can be done ?

Regards Scarlett (posting from the light side)

Post 2

Jim Lynn

If you set a password on your account, just go here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/RegReturn

Choose a BBC loginname (no spaces or punctuation) and password (or use an existing one if you've already logged in - sorry, you can't use the one you've used for your new account. Then type in the email address you registered with h2g2, and the password, and your account should be reactivated.

Post 3

Scarlett_

Nope, sad to admit that I can't remember the password ( It was 6 + months ago) however a copy of the password was sent to the email address which I cannot access again, ever! (nice of said company to let me know it was going to cut of the access) are there any other options ?

Post 4

Jim Lynn

I've emailed you your old password.

Post 5

MaW

Isn't Jim just wonderful?

Post 6

Scarlett

Yep thanks Jim, back at last ! Horray! mind you now I've got to update things again. doh!

Scarlett ,Musing from the dark time

Post 7

MaW

Ah, but it's good to be back, isn't it?

Welcome back!

smiley - fullmoon

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more