This is the Message Centre for Hypatia (Queen of the Night)

Hi Hypatia

Post 1

Demon Drawer

Welcome to the Guide. As one of Joanna's friends here may I be the first to greet you. Cool choice of name and certainly a role model for both you and Joanna no doubt, I've read a number of her Physics articles and vaguely followed them with my rusty O'Level Physics knowledge.

No doubt Joanna has already shown you some of the cool links around here so I won't bother for now. smiley - smiley

DD smiley - smiley

A Donut/Doughnut in Every Drawer.

(Sorry I have to include the election sound bite)

Hi Hypatia

Post 2

Hypatia (Queen of the Night)

Thank you for your warm welcome. I know your name very well, so I am pleased to make your aquaintance!

I can't imagine I'll be using the 'net' very much, but I've found many of the things Jo's told me about it very interesting.
smiley - smiley

Hypatia

Hi Hypatia

Post 3

Demon Drawer

*gulp*

Very well!!! Joanna just what have you been telling your mother. smiley - winkeye

So you get away with calling her Jo. Interesting. smiley - smiley But it is good to meet you too.

*extends right hand*

Hi Hypatia

Post 4

Crescent

If she is the Princess of Darkness, does that make you the Queen of Darkness? smiley - smiley Sorry, just popping by to say hi smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Hi Hypatia

Post 5

GOD

Greetings Hypatia...!!! smiley - smiley

I'm afraid MY line of enquiry invariably goes down the path of your daughter, but I was wondering whether she is the resultant of one of those Dr.Spock books on child raising...??? smiley - bigeyes

And don't you think there is something quite pathological about one identifying with an all-powerful being ???

* HE scurries away, just so now one suspects he has just fallen into one of Freud's mindtraps... smiley - winkeye *

smiley - fish - Simply, High Spirited.

Hi Hypatia

Post 6

GOD

...Oh, before I go.

I don't suppose there are any dark, dank, utterly embarrassing incidents in Joanna's past that other people should know about.

Given the public's 'right to know' about their potential new Vice-President !!! smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyesmiley - bigeyes

smiley - fish - Moving In Mysterious Ways.

Hi Hypatia

Post 7

*thinks about bad things from Joanna's past*

*asks Joanna*

I did have a later edition of Dr Spock's book and found it was a bit like the Bible- the contents were not what people imagined! He certainly didn't encourage overindulgence, thus she's never forgiven me for not allowing her a barbie doll!

The "dank, dark" episodes in her past were kept hidden from me... the worst I remember was her trying to run away with a leaking tin of water (wrapped in a towel) and her toy dog! (she was aged about 4 at the time)

Hypatia

Hi Hypatia

Post 8

GOD

Thankyou... smiley - smiley

I'm sure the Spock tale will come in handy at some stage...smiley - winkeye

Although, I KNOW you are holding out on the other part... smiley - smiley

Hi Hypatia

Post 9

Demon Drawer

Well, GOD as you can see my running mate knew where her Towel was wven when she was only four. Ideal VP material, don't you agree. smiley - smiley

Hi Hypatia

Post 10

GOD

smiley - smiley

...what apart from that whole 'Princess of Darkness' thing... smiley - winkeye

Perhaps you should have chosen someone more senior in the family instead...!!! smiley - bigeyes

Hi Hypatia

Post 11

Witty Moniker

Hypatia,

Your daughter is very sweet and you should be proud of her. She was the very first person to greet me here at H2G2 and made me feel welcome.

Hi Hypatia

Post 12

I appreciate your message. I think Jo's very nice too smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypatia (Queen of the Night)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more