A Conversation for Pink Floyd - the Band

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 1

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

Does anyone out there know how to relace the battery in the Pulse CD package without ruining it????

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

The question is, why would you want to??? smiley - smiley it's there to drive you mad. if you haven't been driven mad by now, you're "pulse proof"

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 3

I think it is aeshetically pleasing.....
(after a glass or four of Malt Whisky!)
smiley - smiley
So I WOULD like to get it flashing again!!!!

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

Oh. Sorry. As far as I remember it wasn't issued with a changeable battery (I chucked mine away, so it's probably blinking away in a tip somewhere.... attracting aliens).

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

btw: did you try posting your querey re the battery on the "Ask the h2g2 Community" board (sorry, I can't do links) or the "How do I..." board? (you can get to them from the h2g2 page

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 6

Fanx sho -will try that!
smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 7

Or_Saar

Hi!!!!
I have the Pulse CD and I never saw any battery or something like that......
?????????
T1%O

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

So. Another one. Is your light still blinking away? (it would have been good if they were designed only to blink when they weren't enclosed in a cupboard/drawer/box....... so the batteries lasted longer... or maybe not)
Gandalf - Did you ever get a reply? I think you're out of luck. Write to Dave Gilmore and demand a replacement. He can afford it.

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 9

Hi sho!
Got a reply somewhere else!
Got to try it out, yet, though!!
'G'

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

It probably involves linking it up to the national grid........... do let me know though, so I can remember NOT to tell my dear old Mum who has the same problem

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 11

Silly, Silly, Silly!!!!

The remedy, as far as I can remember just involves CAREFULLY cutting the bottom of the box open, repacing the AA battery, and re-glueing the box closed!!!!
'G'

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

Silly, moi???

I hope my Mum wan't watching when you said how to do the battery thing. Have you fixed it yet? Do you keep it on a shelf so it can blink and annoy the pants off you all night?

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 13

Havn't got round to it yet, dear!!

BTW
V Sorry about loss...............................

'G'

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

Let me know how you get on with your battery changing - so I can tease my Mum that I know and she doesn't.

Thanks for your thoughts - we're all just about OK now.

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 15

'x' 'x' !!

Watch this space for further developments.

'G'

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 16

Researcher 150804

I have done mine twice so far, you can pull the weak glue free with a thin piece of metal bent at right angles from inside remove the entire blinking package in one blinking piece. Replace the battery and reinsert the homing beacon with the pulse book. I'm not sad I just enjoy a challenge. p.s. reinsert without glue for hours of fun later this or next year

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 17

Researcher 150804

The light only drives you mad if you look at it, think about it or if it's new. After a couple of years the retina and mind filter it out and you can only tell it's still working and blinking and blinking when someone reminds you it's up there looking and blinking on and on and on thanks!!!!!!!

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 18

asigge

you're looking for this link:

http://users.netmatters.co.uk//djw/floyd/pinkfloyd.html

it shows you how to change the battery...

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 19

Thanks 152243!!!

If you go to your homepage and make up some introductory garbage, and a witty nickname, I can come and visit and thank you there as well!!!!!

'G'

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Post 20

Dan

Where did you buy the CD? the UK version you have to cut out the battery case, but the US version was actually made to so that you could take out the battery case and replace it.

Key: Complain about this post