A Conversation for Passing the SAS Selection Course - from the Inside

A12936765 - Passing the SAS Selection Course - Myth and Reality

Post 21

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Okey Dokey

Post 22

SAS-MULE

Wow! Um ... I'm new to h2g2, so you may well be right. However, perhaps it would have helped to read the other posts in this thread before you got quite so didactic. The balance of opinion seems to be that it may indeed not be suitable for the Edited Guide, but that we should let TPTB decide.

But thank you for your contribution anyway smiley - smiley

Post 23

SAS-MULE

Sorry! My last was entirely redundant, but my system is so arthritic and slow that the two posts before it appeared while I was writing and posting mine!

I'll try not to let that happen again smiley - smiley (I'm sure there's a more suitable 'face' for this, but a smiley is all my machine can generate.)

Post 24

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

A12936765 - Passing the SAS Selection Course - Myth and Reality - for ease of loading the entry.

Don't worry SAS-MULE, we know you're a newcomer to Peer Review and the Scouts will look after you smiley - ok

Post 25

Deep Doo Doo

<> Jimster

That's something to bear in mind SAS-MULE. An italic has *almost* given your work the 'nod'. You will get differing ideas here in PeerReview but that's what it is here for - different people have different ideas.

I need to read the piece again, and I will. Perhaps not tonight though - I'm having vast amounts of fun with this glass of gin... smiley - drunk

Post 26

SAS-MULE

Just the one glass!! smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Actually I'm envious - I long for a G&T. The local home-made firewater here is called 'chacha' and some of it is so toxic it should be labelled 'for external use only'.

Anyway, I look forward to your comments - and any others. (I've only just discovered what an 'italic' is. Gave me quite a fright when I found out.)

A12936765 - Passing the SAS Selection Course - from the Inside

Post 27

SAS-MULE

Hi All,

This Guide Entry has been removed from 'Peer Review'.

There are various reasons, but a contributing factor is that I can't afford the comms any longer: posting this will probably use up the last bit of credit in my phone. I have £11+ in my UK account, and £40 equivalent in my pocket. That at the moment is all I have in the world, and unless my private pension is sorted out asap (it's already taken months) by the end of the week I will be boiling up the horses' alfalfa hay for supper, assuming I can afford the paraffin. You think I'm joking?

So, thank you all very much for your efforts and input. It's been extremely helpful.

The entry is maybe not as polished as it might be, but .... It can be found easily by anyone doing a search on "SAS", and that's all I really care about. It was one magazine article that got me into the Regiment and changed my whole life. If I can perform the same service for another youngster, then I will be extremely happy.

Signing off,

SAS-MULE smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Passing the SAS Selection Course - from the Inside

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more