This is the Message Centre for Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 1

Bistroist

Welcome to H2G2 smiley - smiley

My name's Bistroist and I'm one of the Guide's Assistant Community Editors (ACE's). We're a bunch of volunteers who roam this place trying to be as nice and helpful as possible, and meet and greet as many newcomers as we can.
If there's something you need help with, or just want a few links to some of the cool places in here, I suggest you visit our common homepage.
http://www.h2g2.com/A214796

I'm not sure if you know this already, but there's a welcoming message to all newcomers over here
http://www.h2g2.com/A5752

Other questions you'd might like to ask? Try the "ask H2G2" and "How do I..."-forums
http://www.h2g2.com/A148907 and http://www.h2g2.com/A242470

btw. In case you haven't noticed, the "Don't Panic" button in the top menu bar links to an occasionally useful help section.

Don't worry if you don't understand any of this, just stick this in your ear smiley - fish

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 2

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Thanks for the welcome message, very useful, and as I should now be out doing the shopping, I'm going to have a cup of tea. Speak to you soon.

luv

ahsirt
(lets not be formal)

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 3

GreeboTCat

~Greebo peeks in~... You eat cats???? Now that is a scary thought... Me just wants to assure you that me is not a cat... me may be orange and cute and look slightly cat like... but in fact me is a Sloberin Pinchim... thats a big dog... so you can't eat me see... ~Greebo grins at how smart she is...~

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 4

Bistroist

They eat dogs in China, you know! smiley - tongueout

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 5

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Greebo baby, I don't eat cats, too many calories!!!! na I'm just a (used to be) big pussy cat myself. Maybe the odd rat in a bun, but usually I just stick to black coffee, or may be soup, or may be cola or even tea!!!!! speak to you soon

luv
ahsirt

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 6

Bistroist, see my reply to Greebo. Although when my two moggies are moulting I seem to take in an inordinate amount of cat hair, does anyone know how many calories in a cat hair?

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 7

Martin Harper

I'd guess they're just roughage, and pass straight through you...

MyRedDice - "may I call you hsirt?"

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 8

Call me anything you want, except for late for drinkie-poos!!!! Although, think of all those poor redundant letter a's wandering around the place. Maybe they'll join up with all the cat hairs that don't get swallowed and form 'fura' balls and end up being eaten by the Japanese raw.

Newcomers

Post 9

Funkenmarie

Hi Bistroist,

walking around other person's homepages I met you!
Really nice to learn, that there ist a "Guide's Assistant community ...."
A few weeks ago I have been a newcomer (and I still am) but no one talked to me and told me such useful things. Arrrgh.
What is wrong with me - should I have pressed any button to get noticed?

Greetings
F.

Newcomers

Post 10

Bistroist

Oooops, sorry! You should have been visited by one of us during the first week you were here, but unfortunately we're only a limited amount of ACE's, and sometimes we miss a newcomer or two smiley - sadface

But I'll pop right over and say the welcoming stuff and just pretend that I said it a couple of weeks ago and it got lost in a freak corner of cyberspace and didn't show up until now ok? smiley - tongueout

~Bistro (I'm not late, it's the world that's out of sync)

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 11

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Hi, there ahsirtap, I'm me, I'm not anything cool like and ACE which is probably cos I cant spell.

Anyway.... great meteor results you got, thanks for your help. You mentioned the light pollution, and I must mention that I have a light pollution pettitio....... annnnnnd now I understand, all becomes clear after reading tyour name a couple of times along with the E-mail *looks stupid and appologises*

I'm sending it out, thanks for your help with this.

However if you need help with learning how to do GuideML and make your site look really cool (like mine could do) then I have a link at the bottom of the page, have alook at that. I'll be happy to teach you some neat features if you like.

Nick - (the ever-so slow)

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 12

Thanks kcin, I guess you've read someof my journal entries and sussed that an old lady like me needs all the help she can get. I'm so old my tee-shirts are printed in Latin. My favourite reads
Libens
Volens
Potens!!!!

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 13

Yeliab {h2g2as}

And if I could understand latin I'd chuckle.

I anca ustja bouta peeksa igpa atinla

Hi there, ahsirtap!

Post 14

Hi Nick,

Just thank your lucky stars it wasn't Welsh. I'll leave the translation as a project for you. By the way, today I'm 'mostly' wearing a Foggy tee-shirt.

Key: Complain about this post