A Conversation for Book of Shadows

Book Of Shadows - not bad!

Post 1

SatyrMoonDancer

You wrote a pretty concise, brief overview of a typical BOS for witches and covens -- good job!smiley - ok
One minor correction, tho' ... Sabbats are seasonal celebrations, based on the Equinoxes, Solstices and Cross-Quarter days (8 total), and Esbats are Full-Moon observances.

Post 2

Serephina

Thanks smiley - cheers

I've only been practising a couple of years so please forgive mistakes in terms smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Serephina

just re read my entry, and i think i was just trying to explain things simply for non witches as their is already a guide somewherew on all the celebrations smiley - ok

Post 4

ladycricketlover

Hi, I just wanted to write something about your piece, I have not analysed it too deeply and reading it as a lay person thought it really well written. I especially loved the part about a record of a persons' individual spiritual journey, that in itself is food for thought and maybe if more people actually created a record of their spiritual journey in life they may focus on less materialistic things more often. Well done smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Serephina

Thankyou smiley - biggrin

Post 6

ladycricketlover

You're welcome, keep up the good work! I'm not a Wiccan myself but am a novice medium so can see where you were coming from, I'll keep my eye out for other interesting pieces like this.

Post 7

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - applause

Love this entry Serephina, you have described what it the Book is about in lay terms and have also crysalised(sp?) my belief! Well done, babes smiley - biggrin

And I still think you're very lucky! smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Serephina

Thank you smiley - blush

smiley - cheers

Post 9

Mephastoph

"the witch may also keep her own book."

Or his own book. Maybe it's too late to change that now, or perhaps a male witch is called by another name??
Good reading though. You included Gardnerian history too, not many people do smiley - ok

Post 10

Serephina

As far as I'm aware Gardenarian Wicca is the most commonly heard of by non wiccans. I've also got an entry in review at present on Doreen Valiente who was Gardners high priestess.

Sorry about saying 'her' i really should have said or his as yes witches can be male too and are still called as such.

Post 11

hyperwhitemage

I agree,smiley - ok this is a solid (if brief) explanation of a BoS to the layman.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Book of Shadows

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more