A Conversation for Nodding Dogs

Nodding In The Home

Post 1

Isabelle

Nodding dogs can also be used within the home, so as to add a hint of kitsch (or, um, the great outdoors if you are unable to actually drive but wish to recreate the experience elsewhere). Astride (atop) a television, they can provide a delightful alternative to the programme carrying on below, and placed upon a reverberating speaker, give your restless attention something to watch as you listen. N.B. Research (heh-heh, student that I am) indicates the bass-rumbling voice of DJ Jo Whiley to cause the greatest amount of head-excitement for a nodding dog.

Nodding In The Home

Post 2

U128068

I have a couple on top of my computer monitor on an unstable table which I watch while waiting for h2g2 to load smiley - tongueout

*mumbles* information superhighway...pha!...information watford one-way system on a saturday afternoon more like...

Nodding In The Home

Post 3

Isabelle

(Bringing a little-bit of the garden gnome to any car or computer console...)

Don't you find that nodding dogs in such a position form a hypnotic & slightly creepy distraction throughout your ceaseless web-trawlings? Aren't they watching you? All the time? Nodding or shaking their silent approval to your every cyber-step? Eh? Eh?

Also, while we're on this subject...

There's a video, by a band whose name I am currently typically unable to remember the name of (...Japanese big-beat, much favoured by MTV's Alternative Nation...), which somewhat disconcertingly features the lead singer AS a nodding-dog. (Human head, dog's body.) In the back of a car. Passing other nodding dogs. Some of whom are grinning females with large hair. Most of whom aren't.

I suppose, given my mental blank as to band details, this piece of information is simply to be taken as further proof of the spreading influence of the little things.

Hmm.

Nodding In The Home

Post 4

U128068

It's strange you should mention that. Last night during my "ceasless web-trawlings" I came across a site about the same band and their "$300,000!" video but never did wait for the download.

The dogs atop my pc nodded their approval at the wonderous images. Useing their esoteric powers to keep me searching for the answers to thier questions, gently coercing me onwards... nodding dogs or nodding gods... alwasy in search of the song by the chinese punk whose name was lost but a blast of which was heard on a small shortwave radio in a hotel room in Southern Madagascar... always hoping...

Britain and the USA and Russia will see their Rulers replaced by nodding dogs before the year is out... so they say...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more