This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

World of Warcraft is a terminated chapter in my life

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

To my horror, I recently realized that what was then (four years ago, when I bought it) a super-duper gaming computer had almost no hard drive space free.

I did defrag, scandisk, you name it.

Still much too full.

I sorted the programs I have installed according to disk space and guess who came out on top, very obviously so, even?

Yup, World of Warcraft.

Which has now been uninstalled and praise Bob - I have so much free space now!

Not to mention breathing space, and a weight off the chip on my shoulder.

All these characters, carved out lovingly during hours of gaming.

All these friendships formed, alliances joined, alliances created even.

Obligations, expectations.

Characters I tried to weed out every now and then, but always managed to find an excuse for some loveable quirky character I kept 'just because'.

But now, it's all gone.

Uninstalled.

Post 2

Icy North

Well done smiley - ok

One day soon you will wake up and not want to blast everybody into oblivion (or whatever Warcraft does - I've never seen it).

I was at my sister's house where my young nephew was playing some console game. He was virtually-annihilating some people in a different coloured uniform. I asked him "Can't you negotiate a peaceful settlement?"

He looked at me as if I was mad.

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Pah. I'll have you know that we've made alliances with several major guilds in a simple browser game.

It's called 'strategy' Icy smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more