This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Gravlax!

Post 1

FG

Hello, Ti! I would like to make gravlax for a New Year's party I'm hosting at my house. Do you have a good, reliable, yummy recipe you can share?

If so, any ideas for side dishes and condiments would be welcome! smiley - biggrin

Gravlax!

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Unfortunately, I don't have any secret family recipe to share - I know my Dad made gravlax sometimes, but I've no idea exactly which ingredients he used...smiley - blush

I googled a bit, and liked this recipe:
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article.php?id=132

In Sweden, gravlax (at room temperature) is traditionally served with dill-stewed potatoes (served warm) and a cold sauce containing light syrup (or sometimes light runny honey), Dijon mustard, dill and some lemon juice.

Much as I like gravlax, my favourite is really salmon that has been smoked cold...smiley - drool

Gravlax!

Post 3

FG

No secret family recipe! smiley - yikes

smiley - tongueout

I have two salmon steaks in my freezer. My mom went fishing in the Aleutian Islands this summer, and brought back tons of halibut, cod and salmon. Luckily for me she's generous, so now I have great fresh fish whenever I want. I've wanted to try gravlax for quite a while, and I thought it would be a special thing to make for my friends.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more