A Conversation for Things Someone Should Have Told You

Okay, okay, I'm here.

Post 1

what you know as km

I've been putting this off, but I'd better get this in before it gets too popular in here and Krissy never has time to add it. smiley - winkeye So here's the thing:

Putting yourself in someone else's place is a pretty sure thing for gauging their reactions and feelings. But it's not an infallible strategy, and you shouldn't hold it against people when they don't react the way you would have. Everyone's different.

And as long as I am here...

Post 2

what you know as km

It's okay to feel sorry for people, but it's not okay to tell them.

If, in criticism, someone makes a good point against you with a spelling error in it, it's petty to dismiss the person as less intelligent than you. Grey matter is more important than grammar, and no matter how neat your handwriting is, if you're an idiot, people can tell.

It's not at all polite to correct anyone's grammar or pronunciation in public.

Never bring up politics or religion in pleasant company. Or abortion. And pro-lifers should avoid discussing abortion (as an issue) with men - it's like asking a landscaper for financial advice.

It doesn't do anybody any good if you knock someone else's religion.

If you don't believe in God, it's helpful to talk to yourself once in a while. You should always have someone to talk to without actually sharing anything, just to get your thoughts together.

Being better educated or having a higher IQ than someone else doesn't make you more authorised to speak your mind.

It's never funny to pick on people. No matter how hard a person's exterior may seem, he may lock himself in the bathroom and cry every night. You don't know.

Just because something is true doesn't give you the right to say it out loud.

You aren't going to like everyone you meet, and you can't expect everyone to like you. And when they don't, it's probably not your fault.

Post 3

what you know as km

Um. Where it says "pro-lifers" it was supposed to say "pro-choicers." If that wasn't patently obvious. Which probably it wasn't. Or was, as the case may be.

*goes away*

Post 4

Classic Krissy

WHOMP!! smiley - smiley

Good CRIMENY my dear. I added the first one and was coming back to tell you, but now I have to add more! smiley - smiley

I may have to do it tomorrow because I'm about to leave work, but I'll add these soon. Look for your pretty face on my page! smiley - smiley

Post 5

Classic Krissy

Accchhh...sweetie. I'm so reluctant to add anything about pro-life or pro-choice. It's such a delicate issue and is sure to set everyone screaming.

I happen to think that everything you just said is right, plus I would add "You cannot know truely how you feel about abortion until you are pregnant." But there are people that violently disagree with that and it'll be finger-pointing city. I mean, I don't want to leave it off, but if I put it on then that means that I have to give the other side an equal say and it'll just piss me off if I look on my page and see "Abortion is murder and you're going to hell" or some crap like that.

Hmmmmm I'm going to have to chew on this one.

Post 6

Classic Krissy

All added smiley - smiley 'cept the abortion bit which I'm still considering.... What do you think?

Post 7

what you know as km

OFFICIAL AMENDMENT:

Never bring up politics, religion or abortion in pleasant company.

Post 8

what you know as km

Oh, and something else that suddenly seems important:

You may not be the touchy-feely type, but try to keep your annoyance in check. Very rarely will someone pick you up, tickle you, hug you or lean on you out of malice, and you should *never* discourage anyone from wanting to be your friend.

...cause I got to thinking about somebody I used to know today. smiley - winkeye

Post 9

Classic Krissy

Under the heading of "better late than never" It's in there, dear. smiley - smiley

Post 10

what you know as km

Oh... I remember this.

Heh. Look at me. I used to think I knew stuff.

How cute.

Post 11

Classic Krissy

You DO know stuff... the thing is, you always know new stuff.

I know some new stuff now...

Key: Complain about this post