This is the Message Centre for Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Arcane lore...

Post 1

PhifthElement

I got an email from Ford Prefect a while ago. It would have been in 1999 (Spring I think...) It was written like it was for someone else and I had received it by mistake (very clever). When I tracked it down to the source, I found the guide. At that time it seemed to me that there was almost no information yet (no community). But there were these FABULOUS animated shorts. They were guide researchers, various species in various locales. One of them was a taxi driver with flames? for hair? Another was this woman with two faces that would bicker. None of these researchers were having much fun. They were all reporting in on their findings but really they all just wanted out! Do these still exist? What was the deal? Are you the rigth person to ask? Am I having hallucinations? (Is this too many questions from a stranger?) If you were not the right person to ask (or if you just want to get rid of me) if you could direct me to someone with the answers that would be GREAT. I have always wondered....

Arcane lore...

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

"Am I having hallucinations?"

smiley - erm Dunno. You're the one talking to an ant.

To be serious for a moment, you're probably in the right place smiley - ok. I know a little about the animated researchers of which you speak. They did exist and were part of an idea that didn't come to anything in the end. I don't know if the animations still exist in the database but I'll do my best to find out.

Welcome back to h2g2 smiley - cheers

Amy smiley - ant

Arcane lore...

Post 3

*returns with amazing speed*

Try this link to see if it works for you: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/B894

Is that what you had in mind?

You'll probably find more of that ilk by taking some of the links from *ghostly music* this archive of the very start of time , otherwise known rather prosaically as A2211300

smiley - ant

Arcane lore...

Post 4

PhifthElement

Yes! that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! It was all so strange....I loved it! Do you know how they picked email addresses to send to? In the beginning I mean?

Arcane lore...

Post 5

Had you ever signed up to Digital Village?

Arcane lore...

Post 6

coelacanth

*sneaks in*
A900938
smiley - run
smiley - bluefish

Arcane lore...

Post 7

Thanks, Coely smiley - bluefishsmiley - ok.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more