This is the Message Centre for Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Amy the Ant and Blue the Bottle

Post 21

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'll hold onto my bag of books until July then. smiley - smiley

I've applied for a job at York uni smiley - weird.

Post 22

Bluebottle

Oh? Doing the same sort of thing with Lego?

<BB<

Post 23

Not entirely unrelated smiley - winkeye. But with more of a Blue Peter feel to it. Here's one I made earlier.

Post 24

Bluebottle

Think you'll enjoy working there?
Will you have to move house? If so, try and live on a hill. smiley - winkeye
I'll next be up for certain in July, for a few months or so, but I'll probably be in Leeds before that - I'll let you know.

<BB<

Post 25

Micheal Jay Mole

BB & Amy, you both have my sympathies. I, too, am struggling with an illness and am quite dissatisfied with my medical care. As for used books: it may be hard to believe but here in Omaha, Nebraska USA, there are many used book stores. For a city equated with maize, cattle, and other bucolic themes, we have many fine used book stores. It's a reader's dream! Of course being a University Prof I do get a slight discount at the University bookstore, but it is still easier on the budget to check out the used stores first. I love to read and have an extensive library, but have been using faculity privilage of long-term check out to borrow books. I just do not have more room for books! BB, get well and congrats on the mate; Amy, my dear ant, just get well. Remember, we are all in this together, but it doesn't mean we have to be miserable together. BB, you paint? What medium? I already know of Amy's talent. Good nows from me: I may have found a job with full health benefits and still allowes me to teach. One big problem: I will be required to carry a firearm. Hmmm...Please advise. The job is Public Safety Officer at Creighton University, a major Jesuite influence in the area. Plus I get free classes!!! Help me decide!!! Thinking of you all, though I write seldom, Micheal (J) Mole.

Post 26

Hi Michael,

smiley - smiley

Lovely of you to drop in. smiley - tea?

Congratulations on the job offer. I wouldn't presume to advise - I cannot imagine carrying a firearm but then I can't imagine be asked to carry a firearm either.

I hope you're feeling better. I have had a relatively good week smiley - smiley.

I must stop buying books especially if I am to move house (but I don't know about that yet). At least I'll be able to cut out the middle man and recycle them to Bluebottle this summer smiley - biggrin.

Amy

Post 27

Micheal Jay Mole

You are sounding well Amy. So very glad to hear it. Coffee, tea? Yes to either--I have yet still to master the emoticons. Sorry you have to move house. I intend never to move again its such hell. But, many things can change my resolve. At one time I owned nothng so as to get up and mave anywhere anytime I wished. Now I am tied down to property: maybe Marx was right. Since Mom's illness and my own I feel no real anchor here anymore. The job may change that, though I have yet to hear. I envy BB. A good friend of mine owns a used book store here. I have encouraged him to set up a tea or coffee room but he claims the license is too high (which means he doesn't want to clean up). Books are my escape; couldn't live without them. Can BB not get access to the internet via public facilities like the library? Here many cafes and bookstores offer free use of their computer and ISP to their cusotmers. Indeed, the University must offer free internet use to the public because it is a State funded University. I am feeling quite well except that I suffer horrid insomnia. I am told it will pass; it better or I will pass-out. This superduper new arthritus drug actually seems to work a bit (Arthrotec). You know, I am going to have to make flash cards to memorize the emoticons?! Seems odd to hear a historian admit to a bad memory? Once I have GOTTEN something memorized it is stuck in my brain forever. Must run for now. Hope things work out. Hire someone to move your things. Believe me it is worth it to you and your friends! smiley - smiley Bye now, Micheal.

Post 28

Bluebottle

I have now moved to Leeds, you know...

<BB<

Post 29

Have you indeed. smiley - biggrin

Post 30

Bluebottle

Indeed I have. I'm now hanging around not doing much (other than unpacking everything) for the next couple of weeks until my job interview on the 12th.
Hopefully I'll settle in soon enough. I'm off down town for the first time tomorrow, buying some of all the stuff I can't find since I moved. Oh, and possibly a chair.

<BB<

Post 31

Are you staying with Eccles' parents?

Post 32

Bluebottle

I am for now. Today I got a front door key cut - I went to the cobblers, and apparently I could only get a key cut in purple, and not the normal brass colour I was expecting.smiley - blue At least it stands out...
Also, fortunately, as I am colourblind, it looks blue!smiley - wow

I was quite disappointed by the lack of Wimpys in the city centre, but there are quite a few Greggs - which is handy as I like pasties. Sadly Sarah does not, but she likes their sandwhiches and doughnuts, buns etc... Shame there isn't a park in the city to sit at.

So, how are you? Do you know of anyone else on H2G2 in the Leeds area?

<BB<

Post 33

Bluebottle

So what are you doing in Bradford? And does it involve lego?
What have you been up to lately? Sarah (aka Eccles) and I are still living in Armley, but getting married this June. I'm also about to read more Julian May in a bit as I bought the Perseus Spar books from Oxfam the other day for £1 each.

Yep, still the same old me. smiley - smiley

<BB<

Post 34

I'm supply teaching at a failing school and it is truly, truly gruesome smiley - monster. No lego.

I go through Armley every day on the smiley - bus. I'll wave to you tomorrow.

Congratulations on setting a date for the wedding at last smiley - bubbly. What are you up to these days? Have you heard from that old reprobate Peregrin?

Post 35

Bluebottle

Hello, a supply teacher - ouch. You're braver than I am. I remember what the supply teachers at my school went through. How old are the pupils?
I've not been up to much - just work, Christmas shopping and organising the wedding. I tend not to see Peregrin that much, but I did see him a couple of months ago. He's living in the New Forest with his fiance Tinkerbell and working at the Mayflower theatre.
Sorry about the short reply - my hour's up!

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post