A Conversation for Bouncers

Bouncers

Post 1

Deg-Z

I have to put forward an alternative view, after a few years of going to clubs in London.

In many cases, bouncers are the people who keep out undesirable elements (e.g. people who go out for an evening wearing football tops) thus allowing you and your friends to have a great time, free from the threat of physical or sexual assualt.

I have personally met bouncers with a sense of humour at The Fridge in Brixton and Turnmills in Farringdon.

Bouncers

Post 2

The-plantpot

In your very concise description of bouncers (now politically incorrect by the way - we are now referred to as door supervisors!) you failed to take into account the increasing number of the so-called fairer sex getting involved. Ok, you do get the odd exception to the rule - some female door staff are scarier-looking than the blokes (I speak from experience, been nicknamed 'Bulldozer' by the boys at work!), but as a new operative who is currently waiting for her badge to come through, I can state for the record that a lot of women feel a little apprehensive about doing this type of work, as it is fundamentally still a man's world, but I am sure that young girls out on the town would find it reassuring that a female door supervisor is present to ensure that they are able to enjoy their night out in complete safety. Anyone out there want to agree or disagree with my point?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bouncers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more