This is the Message Centre for Witty Moniker

Witty Moniker NaJoPoMo 2011-11-03

Post 1

Witty Moniker

I was "spoken to" at work today. Seems I am "short" with people. In fact, I was "short" with the general manager, hence the litlle chat this afternoon.

It's true. I get short with people after they have failed to understand me after 3 or 4 attempts to get my point across. Particularly when it pertains to work I am required to do. It is one of the ways I express frustration. Because the GM knows that I've had a lot of stress in my personal life, he wanted to know since the move to my new home was complete would I be less stressed at work. I told him that although I moved 2 wholes day ago I still had about 100 boxes to unpack. So yeah, no stress there.

Then, because he was watching me closely today after the morning incident, he brought up an exchange between me and another woman in the office. I was concentrating on my work and entering data into my computer. She sits about 3 feet behind me. She said, "Witty?". I said, "Yes?". She said, "Witty?". I said, "Yes, I'm listening." She said, "Look at me!" with a tone like I should have turned and looked at her upon her first attempt to get my attention. Really? REALLY? smiley - rolleyes

So anyway, the GM wanted to know what else he could do to reduce my stress level. Because I am "The Rock" of the office. smiley - snork Nothing can or will be done, really. The chaos at work is unfixable, and as long as people keep interrupting me to fix their problems, I will never get my own work done. I just have to stop caring about it. Stress gone. smiley - ok

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Blimey Witty!

I'm not surprised you are short with people having just moved house. It's supposed to be the third most stressful life experience isn't it?

I'm just reading a few of these journals each day, when I have time and commenting in the odd couple as strikes my fancy. I noticed your name on the list and realised you weren't on my Friends list, so be warned - you have been added! smiley - winkeye I want to hear more!

Post 3

Vip

smiley - fairy

Post 4

Witty Moniker

Gee, moving is only third on the list? And let's not forget that the move was required due to the divorce, that's got to be in the top two. So yeah, life has been challenging these last few years.

When the BBC announced it was going to sell or close h2g2, I realized that this part of my life is one of the few bright spot iamidst a lot of drudgery. I decided I was going to do everything within my power to ensure it's survival. Unfortunately, the move coincided with the actual transfer, so I was very limited in my ability to contribute. But things are settling now. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Z

But you contributed so much through your work on the interim committee, and you're contributing so much now .

Glad to have you on board, it's been an honour.

Post 6

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

yeah, divorce is right up there, but I wasn't sure you'd have wanted me to mention that. When life sucks, it has a tendency to bite as well.

Are you reading Ivan's journal about Boxes? although I think it has a title more about uncertainty or some such, not actual Boxes and unpacking.

Post 7

Sol

smiley - tea It's fruit tea. Nice and soothing. smiley - hug

Post 8

Witty Moniker

I'm not subscribed to Ivan. What's his U number?

Thank you, Z. It is kind of you to say so. Hopefully I can take some of the load from Vip as she gets ready for the arrival of the baby.

Post 9

Witty Moniker

Ooh, smiley - tea! Thanks, Sol.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Witty Moniker

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more