A Conversation for Design, a definition

Magical Design

Post 1

Researcher 169208

I have a another definition of a designer for you to condsider...

a Designer is akin to that of a Magician.

Designer's are presented with a desired but, blurred destination because at that point it cannot be defined - it remains vague until the designer uses his magic to draw together the elements that give direction, through a mystery which is his own, bringing the destination into focus.

Designers of the past have often been magical, think Le Corbusier, Eero Aarinen and Porsche - an Architect, Furniture Designer and automotive engineer. They are all magicians whose art almost became extinct.

Forget studying wizardry at Hogwarts, the new Magicians are the hybrid designers - and we're already here...

Magical Design

Post 2

Gone again

My sincere apologies, Researcher 169208. I'd no idea this entry had stimulated another comment! smiley - winkeye So, nearly a year later: thanks, I agree with what you say, although I'd like to think it's *implied* in the original text. smiley - smiley Stating it explicitly, as you do, might put off some of our less free-thinking brethren! smiley - winkeye

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more