This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

I hope I can hang on...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

... to what I've always said about not interfering with my daughters' relationships (overmuch)
#1 updated her FB status the other day to "in a relationship" and handily linked to her beau.

Being a responsible (and incredibly nosey) mum I clicked it to see who he is (and how old) and he seems like a nice young chap. And only a year and a bit older than her so that's ok (she's 14)

And he'd updated his relationship status too. Which is a good sign.

When I asked her about him she said "oh mummy, he's a geek like you and he likes LOTR"
smiley - magic

I hope I can hang on...

Post 2

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Worrying isn't it, you don't want to interfere but she is your little girl, still and you can't help worrying. I know what you're going through

I hope I can hang on...

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

If he's really like you, Sho, then it's not a problem.

I hope I can hang on...

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts

I swear we were separated at birth Sho. My almost-18 y.o. son has a new g/f of 14. I'm having kittens..........smiley - headhurts

I hope I can hang on...

Post 5

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

smiley - yikes

But if that's the way she describes him to you, it could be okay.

TRiG.smiley - biggrin

I hope I can hang on...

Post 6

You can call me TC

I'm glad I had boys. Now the first one's married, I've gained a daughter, but I don't have to worry about who she's sleeping with! Went to a concert with her on Friday. I was always envious of my girlfriends who went out with their daughters, now I can do it too!!!

I hope I can hang on...

Post 7

You can call me TC

Oh - and on kids' friends generally. I tried not to interfere, too. If the "friend" is no good, they'll drop them eventually. And the experience will have been good for them.

If you let them read bad books, they'll eventually learn to appreciate the better written ones - same with people. Or so the theory goes.

I hope I can hang on...

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

smiley - blushthanks guys
TC - it's a weird thing for me, I have absolutely no experience whatsoever of teenage boys. Never had one as a boyfriend, and since me and my bro were both at boarding school and he's a good step younger than me I didn't pay him any atention at all.

Annie - I'm sure they'll be fine. Your son is only nearly 18 and she might be nearly 15. Does that make it better? As always, the only thing you can do is trust that you brught your children up properly. And I'm sure you did
smiley - hug

I hope I can hang on...

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

re 6: "Now the first one's married, I've gained a daughter, but I don't have to worry about who she's sleeping with! "

I should hope not smiley - whistle

I agree on everything you said, TC. Trust is a powerful tool, it forces the young ones to think for themselves and so far mine haven't let me down

My only fear is my darling daughter dragging something home that reminds to much of her old man smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sho - employed again!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more