This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

It's a student's life for me!

Post 21

KB

Although I've no personal experience, they do seem very good about things like that.

And I really have to say credit where it's due: I've never had hassle-free customer service from *any* organisation which came close to the OU support staff. They really do go out of their way to make things easy for you, in my experience. Lots of companies could learn a trick or two from them.

Post 22

Cheerful Dragon

Regarding support for health issues, there's plenty of that. When I registered for my first course I filled in a Facilities Request Form, so they know what problems I have or am likely to have. For example, I have trouble with books in ordinary bindings (sometimes can't hold them, never mind keeping them open where I need to), so they send me books with comb bindings. They know that I'm disabled and need rooms on the ground floor or in buildings with a lift. They know I have trouble with fatigue and stress, so they'll be looking at special arrangements when I have to do an exam. (That will probably be next year. Fortunately most of my courses have end-of-course assessments instead of exams.)

I had a relapse last year, just at the time I was doing my last assignment and working on my end-of-course assignment. The Learning Support Team at my Regional Centre were very helpful, and my tutor was very understanding. This year I lost three days to hospital appointments when I should have been working on an assignment. Again, my tutor was helpful and supportive.

As far as support for disabled students is concerned, I can't praise the OU highly enough.

Post 23

Sho - employed again!

That's good to hear, CD, they do really sound as though support is their middle name.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sho - employed again!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more