This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

OH NO!

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I have become a tele-parent.
every year, on the first working day back after New Year I book 31st December (and try to get 31st July, but that doesn't always work) as holiday for the Gruesomes' birthdays.

This year due to several Idiot issues I am in the office on 31st. Supposedly for an hour or two. But it's 1pm now and I'Ve been here since 8:30 and no end in sight.

And all the idiots, of course, are home and/or in bed (not sure about the time difference and I don't care)

Anyway - when #1 opened her birthday presents today, bless her little cotton socks - she did it in front of her webcam so I could join in.

smiley - cry

OH NO!

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - hugat least you have the technology to be "together"smiley - cheerup

OH NO!

Post 3

KB

smiley - hug

OH NO!

Post 4

Rev Nick

And in a pinch, you have us ... the extended and really dysfunctional family of h2g2

Oh, and hugs from across the big pond. Happy Season wishes, belated but real

OH NO!

Post 5

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Happy Gruesome Birthday Sho..........

"I'm Walking Backwards to Christmas"!!!!

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh
GT

OH NO!

Post 6

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - hug Hope you are at least home now.

Happy Birthday to the Gruesome.

OH NO!

Post 7

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Not good, Sho smiley - hug I hope you can get home soon.

OH NO!

Post 8

psychocandy-moderation team leader

That sucks- I, too, hope you're home now, or very soon. A very happy birthday to the Gruesome.

OH NO!

Post 9

toybox

Aw shucks.

Happy Birthday to the Gruesome smiley - bubblysmiley - gift

OH NO!

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

got home around 16:30 in the end.
smiley - wah
anyway - it's over now. Thank goodness.
And Monday it all starts again...

OH NO!

Post 11

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

H.N.Y!

smiley - biggrin
GT

OH NO!

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

and to you too
smiley - kiss

OH NO!

Post 13

You can call me TC

So sorry to hear of your plight. I had the day off work (wouldn't have been able to get in anyway, the office would have been locked) I could have gone in out of solidarity to you, though - not much going on at home (last minute shopping dash) and then ironing and watching telly. There would have been plenty to do at the office.

OH NO!

Post 14

You can call me TC

.. And a belated Happy Birthday to the lovely young lady!

OH NO!

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

Having thought about it, the thing that irritated me more (or most) about working yesterday was the fact that all the bosses weren't there and people from other departents suddenly started getting interested in solving things in the last few hours of the month/year that I've been asking for help with for more than two months.

#1 is 14 now and to be honest I don't thing me not being there (her dad was there and her sister) isn't as much of a "thing" as it was when they were tiny. It just annoys/upsets me that they have 2 weeks off and I have managed to take 2 days so far, and the other day that I planned was hijacked by circumstance (and an unwillingness on the part of my company to close the month on the day after it all happens)

Anyway - it wasn't so bad, we were all quite jolly in between periods of incredible stress and had a bottle of sekt for lunch and some Kazahkstani brandy before we left. *hic*

Happy new year to everyone!
and thanks for the birthday greetings, I'll pass them on.

OH NO!

Post 16

Rev Nick

Happy New Year, Lady Sho, to you and the small tribe.

Herself only finished work at 17:00, last minute customers needing in just then ... Home at 17:30 and company expected for dinner at 18:00. She wasn't greatly pleased either, but it all came together. I had the place scrubbed and dinner and table ready. I think she might owe me one, ... or take it off the tally of the many, many that I owe her.

OH NO!

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

happy new year smiley - kiss#
It's always a pain when everything is in a rush - in the case of your other half the last month has probably been the busy season, right? But January is usually quiet so I hope she can have a bit of a rest.

OH NO!

Post 18

Rev Nick

Being in retail, indeed it has been a busy last couple of weeks. But despite forecasts of doom and gloom in that sector, it came out well. She even received a card with a little cash in it.

In all, it's been a pretty nice season. I hope most of yours still was nice enough, some special times with the folks

Key: Complain about this post