This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

totally peeved now

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I don't like bringing real trees into the house. My experience (and lack of green fingers) means that if they still have roots and I put it back in the gards, it dies around March/April time.

If it doesn't have roots by the third day it has no needles.

so I have a nice fake one which is about 11 or 12 years old.

The ony thing is it is a faff to make it look like a tree (in reality, 30 minutes but I don't like faffing) and then I have to put the lights on. I don't like cables all over the place so that takes ages, then you have to space the lights.

meh

so I ordered one with integrated lights which has just turned up.

Great, thinks I, just plug it in, fluff it out, lights are done and the Gruesomes can decorate it.

Only it's just like the tree I already have (not as nice actually) and the lights are just normal tree lights strung around it. Ok they are already fixed, but the cables just drift around from "branch" to "branch" and it looks horrible.

so no I have to faff around trying to pack it up again, and find a time when I can get to the post office to send it back. Given that I work full time in a job that is hugely busy right now.

smiley - wah

I'm more peeved and hacked off than I should be. Mostly because I'm so busy and stressed and tired. But partly because I really really can't be arsed to put a tree up at all. And I have to because of the Gruesomes.

smiley - wah

totally peeved now

Post 2

toybox

smiley - hug

smiley - xmastree

totally peeved now

Post 3

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I got the boys to put mine up. Yes, the lights aren't quite as perfect as I'd have done them, and some of the lower boughs don't have many baubles (however that does mean the smiley - cats can't get to 'em smiley - evilgrin)

It still looks pretty, though.

totally peeved now

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I agree. Let the Gruesomes decorate your old fake tree.

smiley - hugsmiley - xmaspud

totally peeved now

Post 5

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I don't do a tree, mainly because things that are left out and not put away where they belong drive me nuts, so I don't decorate with anything that can't stay out year-round. But I'd like to cast my vote for letting the Gruesomes decorate the existing tree.

If you contacted the company from which you ordered, and explained how busy you are this time of year (holiday, month end, quarter end, year end- I have the same problem!), they might accept the return after the madness subsides a bit?

totally peeved now

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I but a real tree, making sure that it is a non-shed variety, so it doesn't lose all its needles, and I put it up and put the lights on it. Takes about an hour all told. Then the girls put on the decorations. End of story.

totally peeved now

Post 7

Sho - employed again!

the problem is, Gno, that I really don't have the time or the patience this year. Not sure why I'm so late with everything but that's how it is.

smiley - sadface

The thing is that nobody else in the house will do the lights. And I do so love the twinkly lights.

Anyway - thanks folks. I'm a bit more calm now.
smiley - smiley

totally peeved now

Post 8

I'm not really here

Put the lights round the window? I'm not having a tree this year due to dogs everywhere at the moment, and all the beds and toys making not much space, plus I'd be worried all the time.

But I will be hanging my christmas lights up around the room!

totally peeved now

Post 9

Malabarista - now with added pony

I recently saw individual battery-operated clip-on lights all switched by the same remote control. I think this might also be a really good application for induction charging...

In my flat, I just hung baubles and lights on my ficus.

totally peeved now

Post 10

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Our tree is a fake one, with integral Fibre-optic lights. Coulours sparkle and sequence all over the tree. Also has integral baubles that light up/flash blue as you wish......

Job done in five!!!!!

smiley - laugh
GT

totally peeved now

Post 11

I bet you've not an animated snowman that dances and sings.

I have smiley - blush

I've not let him sing yet, though.

totally peeved now

Post 12

*chucks a 'got' into last post*

*too much Christmas cheer methinks*

smiley - silly

totally peeved now

Post 13

No Mags!

But we do have a Teddy bear that sings!!!!

smiley - laugh
GT

totally peeved now

Post 14

Keir's got a teddy bear that snores. Very loudly.

We have been known to kick it downstairs in the middle of the night smiley - evilgrin

totally peeved now

Post 15

Our sings 'Teddy Bear'................Elvis!!

smiley - cool
GT

totally peeved now

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

Sho, you've another six days to get the tree up, so relax!

totally peeved now

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

Relax? you're joking, right. The hours i have to keep aren't condusive to doing anything in the evenings - and I'll be lucky if I get Christmas eve off...
smiley - sadface

(although my plan is to take Thursday and Friday off... we'll see)

GT - I wanted a tree like that and I thought that's what I'd ordered. Anyway, I got the girls to do it, and it turned out that last year I bought yet another string of fairy lights and so the tree is covered with them.

It's just all such a rush this year.

I hate to put up the tree and then take it down almost straight away - I want lots of bang for my buck!
(plus I absolutely lurve christmas decorations - we absolutely fill the house...

totally peeved now

Post 18

I'm not really here

Will it help if I say I'm not only working Christmas Day, but Boxing Day AND New Year's Eve?

totally peeved now

Post 19

Sho - employed again!

I've done that in the past, and of course smiley - chef does it regularly. But now I'm too smiley - senior for that sort of thing.

smiley - tea for you, Mina.

At least you have your trip to look forward to! smiley - magic

totally peeved now

Post 20

Rev Nick

Indeed, I have lost track of how many Christmas's, New Years' and Easters I worked.

Ya know Sho, yer welcome to our tree ... Already lit and decorated. I find it annoying to lose a quarter of the living room to it anyway.

Key: Complain about this post