This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

...and another thing

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

So, we went swimming today - all four of us. Afterwards, seeing as it's still (technically) the Easter holidays, we went to the McCafé for a coffee and a brownie.

While we were in there I was flicking through the latest edition of Freundin magazine and there was a section on which websites you can use to sell things and make money. I've tried selling my woodwork on eBay with no success. And there it was, in black and white: a website where people sell stuff they have made.

So I'm going to make a couple of small things (flowers probably) and see how I get on.

smiley - magic

...and another thing

Post 2

Malabarista - now with added pony

Something like etsy?

...and another thing

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

no idea, what's etsy?

The one I looked at is dawanda

...and another thing

Post 4

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/

...and another thing

Post 5

KB

Something inside me says you aren't aiming at your market Sho. Why aren't you making chubby little rosy-cheeked angels in sepia-tinted shades of rose and pale blue? They seem to be massive in Germany! smiley - winkeye

It leaves me dismayed that a nation who can work such miracles with grain and yeast - and with the less palatable bits of a pig - can be so terrifying with a tin of paint.

...and another thing

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

depressed now - I looked at etsy and everything is far and away right out of my league
smiley - wah

...and another thing

Post 7

Whatever do you mean, Sho? Your things are wonderful!

That chicken has a place of honour in our new kitchen; fits the colour scheme perfectly smiley - boing

...and another thing

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

smiley - yikes

That bouncing yellow bird hangs from the middle of our staircase and pecks us in the eye as we go down.
smiley - magic

...and another thing

Post 9

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - rofl better you than me, I always got attacked while getting out of the shower...

...and another thing

Post 10

Websailor

Sho, Do we get to have a look at your masterpiecessmiley - huhsmiley - smiley

Websailor smiley - dragon

...and another thing

Post 11

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

What about Folksy http://www.folksy.com/

or start small and take a stall at Gruesomes school fate and get youself noticed

...and another thing

Post 12

smiley - laugh I'll get kitchen photos up eventually. You'll see. It fits perfectly! smiley - zen

...and another thing

Post 13

Sho - employed again!

The problem is, at the moment, that I don't have any stock and I'm reluctant to build any up because I haven't known where to sell or indeed managed to shift something.

The gruesomes' schools don't do that type of event, but again, I'd have to have a lot of stock and I don't really have the time.

So I'll have a look at the other sites and see what I think.

Scary, though, because I'm desperately worried my stuff isn't very good.

If I can find the link, I have a small thing on YouTube with some of my things on. Let me see if I can find it.

I think this should work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77R4ZnQfvw&feature=channel_page

...and another thing

Post 14

Websailor

It worked fine and you undersell yourself. That kind of thing is very popular over here, and selling at quite a price. I loved the snail, and the various funny animals. Guaranteed to bring a smile to many a face, especially in these difficult times.

smiley - goodluck in finding an outlet. Are there no small shops who would take a few to start with?

Websailor smiley - dragon

...and another thing

Post 15

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I'm impressed Sho,

Why don't you put you pics, or that film into a portfolio and take orders

...and another thing

Post 16

Famous_Fi

very nice, I loved the christmas tree and the sheep-the ones with lights were my favs. I agree with the last comment I think shops are the way to go-I'm sure you would get some interest smiley - ok. Maybe you could offer them a demo one for the shop and then make them as orders come in-a kind of bespoke custom made service.

...and another thing

Post 17

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Odds are I would love to buy something if I could see it. smiley - winkeye

...and another thing

Post 18

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I loved the cat, ladybug and mushrooms. smiley - biggrin

...and another thing

Post 19

Sho - employed again!

smiley - blush

I'll take orders here if anyone wants...

hehe

Key: Complain about this post