A Conversation for Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf

Post 1

Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

I love RD, though I find that Season 8 should have been written differently. In fact I believe that ever since Rob Grant stopped writting for the TV series, that it has started to go down hill. Instead of the typical RD humour, it has just become stupid joke after another. Also the crappy SFX is what I used to like about it, but now the CGI has spoiled it for me.

Of course this is just my opinion and unless you're a Rogue Simulant then I really don't care what you have to say in return. However if you are one, then I would be glad to let you chop me up into bits

Red Dwarf

Post 2

Hmmm, I should have proof read that. It should have read that 'I don't believe Season 8 should have been created'

Red Dwarf

Post 3

Forget that last post. I am tired, and I should be working and not surfing the net and writting posts on h2g2. Anyway, I hope you know what I mean. I think I will go wait for the fire of flames to hit me

Red Dwarf

Post 4

Leia

I love RD - but i liked the first series. I agree that some of the jokes are a bt slapstick but I loved Only the Good.
My fav are in the first two series.
What are yours?

Red Dwarf

Post 5

I would have to say that the 1 & 3 are probably my favourite 2.

Red Dwarf

Post 6

Leia

Fav episode for the loads of quotes:

Terrorform

You?

Red Dwarf

Post 7

This is where I start to slip up, as I can't remember the names of the episodes that well, but I really enjoyed the one with the Despair Squid

Red Dwarf

Post 8

Sci-fi Comedy Filmmaker

I love all of the Red Dwarf series' except for Series VII. What were they thinking when they stopped filming in front of the live audience? They totally lost the comic timing that comes from the true actor/live audience particiapation. Did anyone else notice that?

Red Dwarf

Post 9

It has never been the same since I think it was Rob Grant (or was it Grant Naylor, I can't remember) didn't want to do any more with the TV version. Even the last 2 novels were quite different to the earlier 2 as the the gestalt entity of Grant Naylor didn't write it. The RD humour is still there, it's just only half there.

Red Dwarf

Post 10

TIMELORD

It was called back to reality a very good episode.

I quite like queeg were holly is replaced and polymorph with the genetic mutant.

Key: Complain about this post