This is the Message Centre for nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 1

The Cat

As the resident feline entity (bar greebo perhaps, but she is only halfcat)I feel inclined to communicate with fellow cats.If u wanna no anythin' gimme a bell-I have above average research options......
smiley - fish

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 2

nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

Thanks for looking in...

By the the way, I have no ambitions to become the resident cat, I'll just find myself a quiet corner and watch...

nim

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 3

Also, "nim" in Persian means "half".

again,
nim

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 4

The Cat

Fair cop.
well by resident I more meant, residing in as opposed to being in any way dominent.

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 5

GOD

You could also rope in Fashion Cat, Greebo the 'Kat' & Alicat for a 'purrfect' night out... smiley - winkeye

smiley - fish

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 6

Great idea!

Only, as I am the new cat arround here, wouldn't it better for the chief cat to throw the party?

And will there be nice people to scratch our backs smiley - winkeye ?

nim

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 7

GOD

I'll have a word with Greebo Senior... smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 8

Kes

Hello nim. You passed by the bar a few minutes ago (empty apart from me), so I thought I would return your greeting. I am employed by the resident cat at my house. She also wanders in and out according to her own rules.

Perhaps you can help me in my research on cats. I have studied them for years, and observed a phenomenon for which I have no explanation. I call it *feline intellectual osmosis*. Whenever someone is working on documents, the documents get spread around. A cat, on entering the room, always knows which is the most important document, and sits down on it - presumably absorbing the information. How do they know?

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in her usual vague, elf-like manner*

Greetings, nim the cat!smiley - smiley

Just wanted to pay you a visit since you have visited me...

May the smiley - fish be with you

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 10

Thanks for looking in, Kes!

Cats always know which is the most important document. They do not absorb the information because they know that already too. It just gives them a feeling of power lying on it, because before going on with your work you have get the cat to agree to get up.

Hope I have helped.

nim

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 11

Kes

Thank you. It's obvious (once pointed out by a superior intelligence). I hadn't realised they already knew it. Of course it makes sense now.

A bit of almost useless information: Did you know that Newton is credited with the invention of the cat flap - so that he could displace his cat from his papers and study with minimum fuss!

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 12

I KNEW I didn't like that Newton fellow, now I know why!!! smiley - winkeye

But this story doesn't fit with the one that he had a dog named Diamond who tore up one of his researches (???)

nim (don't dare to use a cat flap on me !!!)

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 13

Kes

Indeed I would not. I know that one of my most important functions is to open doors (that I shouldn't have shut ion the first place) as required and requested smiley - bigeyes

There is supporting evidence of Newton's involvement (though it also shows he wasn't a genius at everything). He got a carpenter to cut a cat-sized hole in the bottom of his study door, so his cat could come and go. Later, when a kitten arrived, Newton had a second, kitten-sized hole cut in the door!!!

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 14

Fashion Cat

well, the worst has to be Schrodinger.... putting a cat in a box with a bomb and not knowing if its alive or dead....

Greetings Nim! God sent me round with apologies, He's gone off for a rest for a few weeks, and whispered in my ear there was a gathering of pussy cats.... and here i am!

fancy some cream anyone? smiley - winkeye

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 15

Kes

Quite unconscionable ... and it wasn't even his cat. It was the cat that owned Heisenberg. Never did like Schro. and his "wavicles".
I just happen to have some of those dried fishy-flavoured little biscuits on me - bought 'em for my cat, but I'm sure she'll let me share a few around. There - enjoy, ladies.

Next cat question (but this is rhetorical, I don't know if there's a known answer):
Why did the musical Cats leave out the only TSE entry for an identifiably real cat? (The one at his publishers - the last entry in the Book)

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 16

(nim serves cream, ice cream, milk, liver, donuts (in case Greebo drops by) and tries to remember what she has forgotten)

I don't know Kes, you got me all at sea there. That's one of the drawbacks of living in Iran : i f you do not have internet, satelite receiver and a prompt book service from outside, you could as well be living on the moon.

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 17

Fashion Cat

really? I didnt know that..... maybe he wasnt fashionable enough.... though i have to say CATS is one of the worst musicals i've seen.... I absolutely detested it!

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 18

Kes

Agreed. Wanted to see it; waited for ages for it to reach this end of the Universe; paid small fortune to see it; was totally disappointed. Then re-read book to restore faith.
Enjoy your party. I may drop in to offer the occasional behind-ear scratch, if required.

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 19

GreeboTCat

~Greebo appears and considers the question.. which half of her is not cat... grin~

Hmmm... doughnuts... ~bigger grin~... thoughtfully provided...

Salutations, fellow cat

Post 20

The Cat

I'm back (pant) malibu is obligatory

Key: Complain about this post