This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Can't sleep. Won't sleep.

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I don't know which it is tonight. I'm knackered and I can't seem to switch off.

And before you say, I have switched off the TV, shut down the computer and tried...I tried, but I just lay there running things over in my head. Which is never wise.

There's a deadline looming. The Christmas windows for work (for three practices now instead of just one) need to go in this week and next and I'm still cutting things out and smothering everything (including myself) in glitter. Delegating isn't working, the concept (envisioned by my sister) has meant I'm doing most of the construction.

The saving grace, bar my absolute love of glitter, is that I'm making something. Making anything at the moment is a step forward. To get back to making jewellery I need to find my love of making again. I need to have it feel like something I want to do because I can't stop myself, like an addiction, instead of it feeling like something I have to push myself into doing.

I dunno if I'm making sense. I'm sitting here typing to try and shut my brain up so I can sleep. Which I suppose if this is incoherent is succeeding. Off I go to try again. smiley - zzz

Post 2

wazzow

hi em...

me again,been hectic so just catching up...apologies..lol

you proberly have but......

have you tried the usual hot drinks as well as ( & im in a stressful job & this helps)

when your lying in bed try to just empty your mind but at the same time tense/stretch & release every muscle strating with your pinkies & working your way up the body.

hopefully when you reach the neck you should be near enough ready to zzzzzzzzzzzz.

take care

wazzow

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Don't apologies, I've not really had much time to be online this week, or at least do more than lurk.

Thanks for the advice, my sleep cycle is back on track, though saying that I'll probably not sleep tonight smiley - winkeye

smiley - zzz

Post 4

wazzow

hi em,

hope you had a good chrimbo & a better new years eve than moi...

anyway heres wishuing you a happy new year anyway.

sorry been bogged down with that life interfering thing called 'work',night shifts blah blah...so my sincere apologies for not writing sooner.

hope your well & not getting stressed...,otherwise i may have to send you a stress ball..lol

any hoows just thought id send ya a quick hi just so you know i havent left the planet.

be good...,take care & hopefully speak soon..

wade

Post 5

Had an okay Christmas, it was just quiet with the family, as was New Years, no partying for this hermit smiley - winkeye

how about you, you don't sound to chipper about things?

Don't worry about not writing to me, I'm not exactly my old self on here...you know, spending every free minute replying to messages, writing entries and basically becoming completely OCD about the site. smiley - laugh

At least if I was I don't have a job, so that would give me time to be obsessed. smiley - laugh That said, there might be a job on the horizon, just doing filing and office stuff, but it would be money coming in, which would be nice. Just have to say if I want it or not.

how about you, any news?

smiley - cheerup

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more