This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

The Men on The Moon and The Space

Post 1

kitrapsjasani

Hi Galaxy Babe,

Thought that I would inform you that I have removed my entry as entitled above and hopefully will be able to re - enter as a better entry in the future. I tried to re - write but couldn't match it up with Deke's. Not a problem and I definitely not upset or anythign like that - believe me, I am not.

I am now trying to continue on my next entry - "History of Bollywood Cinema." But even with that there seems a bit of problem. There's a dispute going on there and not a single new "Bollywood" film is being released at the moment and also the information that I am expecting is taking time to come through and some that is coming through, I am checking and re - checking to confirm it.

In the meantime, I am thinking about an incident that I personally , as a child witnessed, though a bit only, was the "Raid on Entebbe" by the Israeli Commandos in 1976 to free hostages. I lived in Kenya at the time and was at the airport in the Kenyan capital, when the Hercules planes to refuel after the event when they were on their way back to Israel. I saw them land and take off. Would I be able to hand in an article on such an event and also mention what I had seen?

Please let me know.
<SMILEY TYPE="bluelight"/>smiley - smileysmiley - bubbly

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hello kit smiley - smiley

We welcome all input as long as it conforms with the <./>writing-guidelines</.> so you could write your account but it can't be in the first person, could you write it like you wrote the India-Pakistan conflict history?

smiley - magicI am very excited about your History of Bollywood and it would be perfectly acceptable if you wish to submit what you have already written, it can go through Peer Review in the usual manner, and submit the rest later.

smiley - sorryApologies I didn't get back to the Space Race entry - I went to the h2g2 meet last week and on Sunday had an accident from which I am still recovering smiley - sadface

Kind regards, GBsmiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 3

kitrapsjasani

Hi Galaxy Babe.

First of all, I hope that you are okay.

I can write as per my previous entry "India - Pakistan" as its not a problem. You won't believe it but I was talking about the incident to a friend of mine and he said that as far as he knew the Israeli planes concerned landed at "Jomo Kenyatta International Airport" in Nairobi, Kenya. But was rather shocked when I informed him that "Jomo Kenyatta International" wasn't even built then and that who ever had told him, didn't have their fact on that correct. And in return he asked me what proof I had and I replied, that I witnessed those planes land their and take off and that I lived in Kenya at the time and that the name of the airport in Nairobi at the time was "Embakassi." He then did a bit of research himself and saw that I was correct. He then told me that hew as amazed with the description of the planes that I gave him as they were correct as well.

I will do this as soon as I can.

I am also planning a bit ahead at the moment and am looking at handing in some pieces regarding some legendary singers and musicians such as those related to Jazz and Soul genre - Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, etc.

In the meantime, regarding "History Of Bollywood Cinema," can I hand it in for the moment as it is and then continue with the other information as soon as I can?

Galaxy Babe, please take care and make sure that you are up and ok.
<SMILEY TYPE="bluelight"/><SMILEY TYPE="book"/><SMILEY TYPE="biro"/>

Post 4

Kit I am OK smiley - smiley
I fell over and I am bettered and bruised but mending, with no broken bones smiley - puff

History Of Bollywood Cinema - if you will submit what you have to Peer Review now, I will review it tomorrow (I am just retiring for the night now)smiley - sleepy

smiley - biroI don't believe we have entries on smiley - musicalnoteLouis Armstrong or Billie Holiday and they would be truly welcomesmiley - ok

<>
I do believe you because I have just had a similar experience - I wrote the Swastika (Hindu good luck sign) - it is still in Peer Review, A50026853 and has had some misconceptionssmiley - erm due to the Nazi connection from WWII. F48874?thread=6543385&skip=60&show=20 smiley - bookEducation is key to promoting the truth.

smiley - modType your smileys like this: < bluelight > without the spaces it will make smiley - bluelightsmiley - biggrin

I am so pleased you are back and will join you in PR tomorrow smiley - ok

Kind regards Kit and goodnight smiley - smiley

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 5

kitrapsjasani

Hi Galaxy Babe.

Glad to know that you are ok.

Being a hindu myself, I am know about the "Swastika" and how the Nazis used it.. I have some friends who also had a msiconception about it and at one stage they thought I was Nazi. But then they realised that it was a part of my religion. So I can well believe this

I am submitting what I have written on "History of Bollywood Cinema" now and hope that you like it so far.

smiley - smiley

Post 6

Hello again Kit smiley - smiley

I will go read your History of Bollywood Cinema todaysmiley - ok

I'd be most grateful if you would give me feedback on the Swastika entry smiley - smiley

Thanks

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 7

kitrapsjasani

Hi Galaxy Babe.

I will pass the information to you as soon as I can. I will confirm the information as I would like to make sure that the information I gavie you is 100% correct.

smiley - smiley

Post 8

Hi Kit smiley - smiley

Do you mean the Bollywood entry? I have seen that in Peer Review already smiley - smiley

Post 9

kitrapsjasani

Hi Galaxy Babe.

I have read your piece on the Swastik and must say that as far as I am concerned its a a very good piece.

We hindus, use this for many reasons but mainly during religious ceremonies - such as durng "Diwali" amd some also use it for decorative reasons during religious festivals and ceremonies.

Your piece has really explained how vastly this is used. Its good - a very good piece.

I have put in, "History of Bollywood Cinema" as per our messages yesterday. Please let me know what you think. I have received a bit more information today and am in the process of checking it.

smiley - smileysmiley - alesmiley - cake

Post 10

OK thank you, it's nice to hear thatsmiley - ok

smiley - 2centsI don't think you need to add to the information you already have in Part One. I believe you should begin a "Part Two" (separate entry) and work on that while your other (Part One) goes through the Peer Review process, then you can attend to comments there about that entry.

Submit Part Two to Peer Review when you are good and ready, it doesn't matter if it's days, weeks or months later smiley - smiley

I can always connect the two when they are both edited, but they should "stand alone" as separate entries, I can make you a navigation banner when they are edited like I did for the India-Pakistan conflict smiley - smiley

Post 11

I hope you don't mind that I have added your comments to my entry smiley - ok

Post 12

kitrapsjasani

No Galaxy babe I don't mind you adding my comments at all.

I will add on the information regarding "History of Bollywood Cinema" as soon as I can regarding part 2.

smiley - elvis

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more