A Conversation for Gin

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 1

Santragenius V

This is most certainly by a very, very far margin the most supreme dissertation about doing a gin and tonic I have ever seen.

Should, must, absolutely have to become edited (well, IMHO anyway).

There's another entry on how to mix G&Ts at A386840. Very short and to the point, but it might be mixed in (apologies for the bad joke).

Cheers!

SG V

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 2

The Apprentice

There is an Edited article at:

http://www.h2g2.com/A331084

This, first and foremost, might well be considered an obstacle to getting this entry in as is. It would seem reasonable to consider offering some of this information as an addition to the existing article.

I have to say that I found this entry overly elaborate. Painfully so. And eye-boggling to read in such a brick of text.

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 3

Puzz Sickstoofrey

Ah good. Things are finally beginning to pick up on the G and T front. Sorry about the large brick of text (around which not even a slice of lemon could reasonably be wrapped) but for some unexplained reason my original paragraph separators were ignored by the server. For details of the correctly punctuated version, apply to me in person:

[email protected]

Keep sipping...

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 4

Puzz Sickstoofrey

Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragement. I am of course continuing my G and T research and development programme and will obviously post any progress and provisional findings the moment they are available. Recent investigations have been largely concerned with advanced lemon storage times and fridge temperatures (to be reported) and an altogether more frivolous but enjoyable probe into the parabolae described by ice-cube trajectories from left hand into glass held in right hand. Ah, So much to do...

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because the contents of this entry are already in the Edited Guide in the entry on Gin.

A76213 - G and T anyone

Post 6

Santragenius V

Hmmm - the rudimentary basics might be there, but not the details of how to make THE G&T..... smiley - sadface

SG V

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more