A Conversation for Handy Household Tips

Tantrums

Post 1

Abi

My Grandfather told me to carry a packet of mints with me at all time. They are invaluable for bribing horses, dogs and small children. smiley - smiley

Coo - you can tell I am a country gal at heart!!

Tantrums

Post 2

Lute

Now that is a tip! I was frankly amazed to tune in this morning and find serious window cleaning tips on the Hitchhiker's Guide site. Who needs that silly subscription to Martha Stewart's Living and Victoria! All I have to do is log on to H2G2 to find out anything I want to know about homemaking - without all those irritating full-color pictures of beautiful homes, designer decorating styles, and gourmet dishes. By the way, my brother is remodeling his house, let's start a list of archetectural tips!

God, I need a mint right now.

Tantrums

Post 3

Ado!

Way off topic sure! However, Lute, I have an architectural tip for you. When renovating or designing a new house it's often not a bad idea to run sealed 2-4 inch pipes through the walls of your new place terminating at strategic points in your walls.
These things are for technology that hasn't been invented yet.

While this sounds ludicrous, think of things like phones, computers, sterios, video - even those nifty vacuum cleaner in the walls type things.

When these things were made they were put into houses that couldn't even have conceived of them when the houses were built. As a result a lot of holes had to be knocked through walls and windows and things to accomodate what amounts to fairly simple installation of devices.

So when a new peice of technology comes along that you would like to see in more rooms than just one or hidden away from view, you find the terminus of one of the pipes, un cap it, and you have instant no damage or expense space or access to all of your house.
---Ado!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more