This is the Message Centre for benjaminpmoore

In the pipeline

Post 1

benjaminpmoore

Even by my own standards, I am writing bloody quickly today. I have... 19 minutes to go and this is the day my wife has decided to start asking me what I am doing. I explained that I was in a bit of a rush because I had a deadline and it seemed fine because she was off to bed anyway. Ususally it's not a big problem because she's crawled into bed long since so I have only myself to blame for idling the time away when I should have been getting my journal done. Today I still have mainly myself to blame but two minutes of it is my wife's fault. Excuse me while I calculate how much to blame that makes me...

23 Hours x 60 = 2080 (I think) plus 39 equals 2119 minutes I failed to use. I was asleep for some of those minutes. I slept late this morning as usual because I go to bed late when I am off work and have no particular reason to get up in the morning. I also crawled back into bed later in the day to sleep of a nasty headache which was making me feel sick and dizzy. Otherwise, there was a certain amount of frittering. I went to the shops in my road twice and put the bins out, that accounts for maybe 10 minutes total. I spent maybe 30 seconds sending a work e-mail and another minute and half reading post. Then we watched television... no wait,I worked on the u-bend. Yes, I unscrewed all the pipes under the sink in the kitchen and reassambled them so that the leak I was searching for became more pronouned than it had been in the first place. Then I took it all apart again, by which time there was a broad improvement. That took bloody ages.

That's why I'm late today.

In the pipeline

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

In the pipeline

Post 3

Deb

And I'm late reading it. Cos I missed the new posts in the day's thread.

Oh well.

Deb smiley - cheerup

In the pipeline

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

(smiley - strawberry)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for benjaminpmoore

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more