A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Conversations on h2g2

Disc World / The Watch

Post 1

clivvus

I had known of disc world but not sampled it until bbc7 played Gaurds Gaurds and am hooked on the audio versions read by Tony Robinson. To date i only have Gaurds Gaurds and Thud but am keen to know which other titles involving the Watch are available. Yes i know there are other Disc World titles but VIMES & CARROT are such great characters. Look forward to reply,s & hope i,ve done this right, Regards Clive.

Disc World / The Watch

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Frequently asked Questions about Conversations

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to answer the question
"You hit the nail right on top in asking if you 'did it right'.
Nothing wrong with the posting, very clear and good use of language. "

"Oh, if you want to discuss something like 'Disk World' or 'Terry Pratchett' it is more likely to get a valid reply if you ask a question on < A292790 > or < A4643895 > smiley - smiley"

Disc World / The Watch

Post 3

SEF

Well you haven't picked the best place to ask your question. There are (or have been) various sub-sites and forums for books, sci-fi and fantasy. Plus there's the general <./>Askh2g2</.> page.

However, I do happen to have some of Terry Pratchett's DiscWorld books myself anyway. So, although the Watch characters do feature in various books in minor ways, here are ones written specifically around them:

Guards! Guards!
Men At Arms
Feet Of Clay
Jingo
The Fifth Elephant
Night Watch

Disc World / The Watch

Post 4

clivvus

Hope this how i reply to contributors & this should be thanking Traveller in time for thier response Regards Clive

Disc World / The Watch

Post 5

clivvus

Think i am getting this now Many thanks to SEF as well for the information Regards Clive

Disc World / The Watch

Post 6

blattchen

Whats this bbc7 thing,radio yes,will it be repeated.smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more