A Conversation for Cystoscopy

Trust me it's painful

Post 1

Fat Cat

If you ever have to have one of these and the doctor tells you that it won't hurt - he's lying. A particularly vicious doctor once made my dad have this done without any kind of anaesthetic - using those very words! And this is one of the few things that are worse for men than for women - the distance is greater!

Trust me it's painful

Post 2

Classic Krissy

"Worse for men than women."

I'm sorry. I'm unable to even imagine that being worse. I got a topical anasthetic both times, wich doesn't do diddly.

Trust me it's painful

Post 3

Fat Cat

I know - topical anaesthetics are a waste of space I've been there, but then just imagine that you had it done again and it had to go a third of the distance further, and therefore took longer. I always knew that there had to be one thing that's worse for them; but it's little consolation!

Trust me it's painful

Post 4

Classic Krissy

I believe it. However, another fun thing for women is when they fill your bladder they smash your uterus. Ugh. This whole procedure is just GROSS. I've had it done twice and both times the "gross" factor was off the scales.

Trust me it's painful

Post 5

Fat Cat

Oh My God! Just thinking about that makes me feel ill.
And I thought my bladder neck stretch operation was bad. I'm so glad that I decided I'd had enough of going to and from the hospital and learnt to "control it" myself.

Trust me it's painful

Post 6

Researcher 156769

How to control those sadistic doctors: if you scream as soon as they touch your penis they will use a general anesthetic. This is what I did and it worked. Mind you, if they want to take biopsies of your bladder it will hurt when you wake up anyway.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more