A Conversation for H2G2 Guardian Angels...

Desperately Seeking Help!

Post 1

HoneyBee

My homepage seems to have acquired a life of its own, and is getting wider by the day - it is now wider than my computer screen and I find I have to scroll at the bottom in order to get from one side to the other. How can I stop this width expanding, more importantly how do I get it back to normal?

HoneyBee. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Clelba

Um...Don't know, sorry. Are you in Alabaster or Goo?

Post 3

HoneyBee

Hi,

In Goo..

HoneyBee

Post 4

GOD

Greetings Honeybee... smiley - smiley

You appear to be experiencing problems with the mainheading which you need to breakup in to short segments...

either you can use a break tag or reduce the font eg

...and it looks as thought the horizontal flowers could do with setting a size i.e put WIDTH=300 after the "http://www.... " bit...smiley - smiley

smiley - fish - Simply, High Spirited.

Post 5

HoneyBee

Hello God,

Thanks for dropping by. smiley - smiley

It seems that I have rather undone the perfect work that you did. So Sorry. I tried inserting break tags as you suggested but it didn't work and I got an error message.

Also, I believe it is now in GuideML code rather than HTML (at the suggestion of another researcher who kindly tried to help recently). Would that make a huge difference? The problem existed before the code was switched.

Blah, blah, blah... smiley - sadface All I want is to be able to view my page normally again...

HoneyBee

Post 6

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

If you are in GuideML, try as the break tag, rather than .

Post 7

HoneyBee

I tried this, all to no avail. smiley - sadface

Post 8

GOD

St.Peter - Hello Honeybee smiley - smiley

If I might direct you to the links on the GA New User's Page to the GuideML pages run by Saint Bruce...

http://www.h2g2.com/A352667

I'm sure he should be able to sort out any problems quickly... smiley - smiley

St.P.

Key: Complain about this post