A Conversation for My Poetry

ambiguous title to make you come look...

Post 1

SilverSolstice

Great imagery...I've only read it over once, and almost every poem deserves at least three, but my first impression is (now it's my turn to be incoherent) plain, easy-to-understand language, imagery(as I said, I could see everything in the poem), no over-complication (a _good_ thing)

And I disentigrate into random babbling. I think I'll refrain from further comment until I have a larger pool to work eith and make generalizations from.

*puddle of random-babbling-formerly-SilverSolstice on floor bubbles, pops, and hisses on the floor)

I can tell you this in plain talk: I like it.

Post 2

Possum

Well, thanks. smiley - winkeye

That's what I all my poems are like: simple; easy to understand; basic. Remember what I said - I'm not very eloquent!

I'll stick up some others once I build myself up to being able to withstand the mind-numbing tedium of typing them in, word for word...

Post 3

SilverSolstice

It's not that bad once you get started. I did all mine in a period of about a week. The biggest thing I had to watch out for was misspellings, from typing so fast. Let me know when you pu more up! smiley - smiley

Post 4

Possum

I've put up another poem - a short, rubbishy one because it's quicker.

I have a very short attention span, as you might be able to tell. smiley - smiley

Both of the poems that are up there now are ones I wrote in a "stream of consciousness" and I've made very few
alterations to the original type-everything-that-enters-the-brain stage.

Post 5

J'au-æmne

I just want to say in my perrenial lack-of-wordsish way that I like your poems, & look forward to seeing more.

Joanna

Post 6

Possum

Well, thankyouverymuch. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more